A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: another inko.

I is r gooded at stuff
    there is no need in defending him im just saying why not make it in html instead of flash =)

imagination through stupidity
    cuz, it still is actionscript driven

font

wats the font ?

I don't get why people are saying it should be HTML instead of flash... I can't help but thing these people don't get the concept. Why not say it should be a java applet?

this kind of thing is perfect for flash, which is installed on over 95% of computers. Browser compatibility issues alone would make developing this in HTML less efficient and more time consuming.

I'm all for this being done in flash, i think it looks more professional than it would in HTML and the file size is probably lower overall.

"the bringer of light"

Very sad

Mate, love your site. After reading all of the argumentitive posts, I am a little disapointed. I have been teaching myself flash for the past few months, and envy your design skills.

I have been viewing sites in this forum, looking for the best way to incorporate design and usability, and have to admit that the series of Inko sites have been very helpful. The fact that there are so many designers out there who feel the need to harshly criticise others sites (when their own are lacking) on originality, is a sad thing. He found something that works, so why not stick with it.

Being a newbie, I realise that none of you will take me seriously. Just give a little thought for the new designers who are watching you bicker like children, and think about the example you are setting...

well, said! I would just like to welcome you to FK! A lot of the newbs that come to FK expect praise for crap and get angry when they don't hear what they want to hear. But i already can detect that you are looking at this from a mature point of view. Which will benefit you many times in the future.

Best of Luck!

-Syber
    http://www.digisoftdesign.com

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    boy some of the posts on page 2 are sickening...if he wants to use flash he can! and aversion is right its probably smaller file size too.

I is r gooded at stuff
    lmfao you guys totally missed the point like always but what do you expect from 13 year old nose picking kids so ill spell it out for you real simple. If you are going to be a web designer you need to be able to do more than just flash if i was going to pay someone to do a site for me and thats all they knew then i would think again before asking them. Sure flash can be used with databases and most people have the flash 4 player but not the new mx. Also you need to know php,asp,xml,mysql,dhtml,java,javascript, and more all these are more useful. all i was stating is i would like to see some other aspect other than flash that he could use. Ive followed his work for a while and yes it is very clean and nice but where is the "DIVERSITY"!!!

and most people have the flash 4 player but not the new mx
    From Macromedia.com - "Over 97.8% of all web users have the Macromedia Flash Player."

US stats for Macromedia Flash Player 5 = 90.2%

http://macromedia.com/software/playe...netration.html

Originally posted by Pegleg187
    lmfao you guys totally missed the point like always but what do you expect from 13 year old nose picking kids so ill spell it out for you real simple. If you are going to be a web designer you need to be able to do more than just flash if i was going to pay someone to do a site for me and thats all they knew then i would think again before asking them. Sure flash can be used with databases and most people have the flash 4 player but not the new mx. Also you need to know php,asp,xml,mysql,dhtml,java,javascript, and more all these are more useful. all i was stating is i would like to see some other aspect other than flash that he could use. Ive followed his work for a while and yes it is very clean and nice but where is the "DIVERSITY"!!!
    http://inko.epicurissimo.com/inko/frameset.html

this was me doing php and mysql on a previous design that i scrapped. don't think i dont know the other stuff as well.

teach me php!!

Angry

Question for Gloomycus:

It looks like you are using miniml fonts. Have you bought access to the miniml fonts? If so, is it worth it?

I had these fonts before Craig implemented the pay feature.

craig..whos craig

can u direct me to the fonts...i want them

thanx

Originally posted by Gloomycus

Originally posted by Sybersnake
    somebody shoot 808i
    Hey Sybersnake just to let you know I'm envolved with law inforcment and will take that as a threat. So I advise you to contact your lawyer. You should really watch what you say.

Originally posted by jonaust

craig..whos craig

can u direct me to the fonts...i want them

thanx

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    http://www.miniml.com you have to pay for them now.

I'm closing this thread now. Its turned into nothing but immaturity.