A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Are you looking to get a job using Flash?

I'm looking for serious individual(s) who are looking to advance their portfolio in Flash. Together, with my talent and yours, we'll create example sites to show to an employer that will be sure to get you the job you want.

About myself:
    I'm the illustrator for Russell Stover Candies, so I have excellent graphic skills. My shortcoming is programming. I do have experience using Flash, but I'm not a wiz at actionscripting. (I do have some experience with actionscripting.)

Here's a link to my portfolio:
    http://www.theartsource.com/artists/...m?ArtistID=385

Here's a link to a Flash page example I created(Pangburn's):
    http://www.jasonmoree.netfirms.com

Interested? Email me at jason_moree@hotmail.com

How big is your flish file. It's not loading on my 56k hook up.

Ryan Kallok: Kallok Studios kallok's Avatar
    I have good flash skills, I have been using flash for about 3 years now.I have a good portfolio so far including work for companies involving skateboards, music, business, and others.Also I have used flash for things besides web sites including games, presentations, even my interactive cd resume which I am putting the finishing touches on.I would like to help out if you want.

Thanks!
    -Ryan
    kallok@sei-inc.zzn.com

XFAEGA,
    the flash file is pretty large. I know a good site should be under 100K, but this one is about 600k+. So you'll have to be patient when opening the file.

Ryan,
    I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

In adding to my post:
    I also think it's possible to start a business by working over the internet on projects with co-workers. The way I see it, all a successfull web business would need is a small motivated group of people to create the sites, a client list, publicity, and a portfolio to show to the prospects. Think of running a business over the internet. You could work from your home on your own hours! But, first things first. It would need a portfolio. The worst thing that could happen is the "over the internet" business fails, and you have a portfolio to show to employers.

Jason,

I got your email, and replied.I basicly said I would be interested in helping, and just some other things about clients and other things.

-Ryan

I'm interested too, I'm motivated. visit http://www.web-works.be to view my portfolio. But I'll say my future project are better (but not online yet) Let me know what you think.

Thank you

If you could give me a little more detail I would love to help out.

JFlash,
    your site is awesome. I especially like the way you utilized preloaders. The preloaders I learned aren't quite as advanced as your's. It makes the site run smoothly.

zbailey,

For example:

1. I'm trying to get input from individuals like yourself. (Finding people who are interested.)
    I'll find 4 Flash users (I think more than 4 would make the project too complicated) who are good at programming in Flash.

2. After we have a "team", the five of us will brainstorm website ideas >> maybe someone would have the idea to market Harley Davidson Motorcycles. (After looking at the job market and talking to a recruiter, I found that you have to have at least four examples before an employer will seriously look at you as a candidate.) We can set a time in a live Yahoo! chatroom and discuss our web page ideas. We'll then vote on the ideas and go to work on them.

3. After we have our page goals established, we'll ask ourselves what do we want contained in the site. After this is determined, we would then divide the work evenly.
    (One programmer would be responsible for creating the preloader, another would be responsible for creating actionscriping for another element, and so on.) I would create the graphics, which would be emailed to the appropriate member. This would also require good communication between the programmers.

4. When the pages are complete, you can feel free to include it in your portfolios. If it turns out well, then we can consider starting a business? (But let's cross one bridge at a time.)

I think that idea sounds good... the whole team concept. It could be good.