A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .::My New Site::.

Smile .::My New Site::.

Ok, I've now put in about 150 hrs on this friggin's site(it's my first flash site). From the last post I've bordered the background so you it looks good at all resolutions. and I'm 90% done with the "I am" popup that appears when you click on the happy face on the menu. I'm not sure whether the preloder on the popup works properly because my connection is too fast to witness the bar moving. The other popups don't work in tthis version. besides I wanted to get your feedback about the general style of the new site before I proceeded. I decided to keep the hidden menu against the advase of some because I thought it was one of the most original things about the site. Anyway, considering I'm about 66% done what do you think?

http://www.thedigitalself.com/movie.asp

Lightbulb very cool

one small thing, not that I should talk, but my personal pet peeve is to disable the text selectable on the dynamic text fields... unless of course there's some use or reason meant for that...and the EQ meter, has the low bottom bar way out to the left while the others look more realistic...

otherwise, very cool...

I really, really like the graphics.

Only problem I have is the text above the buttons is nearly impossible to read (on mouseover) at 1280x1024.

I looks like a dotted-type text, maybe a more solid font would be better..?

I like the design though.

Re: very cool

Originally posted by DFWStudios
    one small thing, not that I should talk, but my personal pet peeve is to disable the text selectable on the dynamic text fields... unless of course there's some use or reason meant for that...and the EQ meter, has the low bottom bar way out to the left while the others look more realistic...

otherwise, very cool...
    That's because it's a real time eq and the track has alot of bass. And I agree, I will do something about the selectable text. Thax alot. And final, I've been torn about what to do about that text, I'll try making it solid.

LOVED IT!! Something different.

something to think about

when I was trying to read your "I am" section, some parts were hard to read because the background was too bright.

A suggestion of mine would be to put a lot more contrast between the text and the background or make the window for the text darker

Looks really good though, love the graphic

Re: something to think about

Originally posted by Concepticon
    when I was trying to read your "I am" section, some parts were hard to read because the background was too bright.

A suggestion of mine would be to put a lot more contrast between the text and the background or make the window for the text darker

Looks really good though, love the graphic
    I've gotten that quite abit, quick fix though. thanx. Oh yeah the iam section is now 100% complete minus the contrast problem between the text and background. What do you think?
    [Edited by em00guy on 07-24-2002 at 09:15 AM]

it's got some real potential. stay focused.

Nice design need little more movements it is vey static for a Webdesign site