A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What is possible with Macromedia's Freehand 7?

Question

Hello all. We've had Freehand 7 for over a year now. What things, if any, can I do with this program to import into Flash. The program has Extreme3D 2 (what I'm mainly interested in), Freehand 7, and others. I'm not too familiar with the 3D world and would basically like to know if I can import 3D animations into flash. I am aware of Swift3D and will get it eventually. But, I would also like to learn about Freehand. Thanks for any advice (cough, cough, Pope). Take care all!

Everett

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Freehand will export to the swf format. This means you can produce art work with much greater persision. You can even animate it using layers. You can now do this in both AI and CD. As far as a 3D solution Extream 3D is not a good match for flash. MM doesnt even make it anymore. You cant even find support for it on the site. If you want to play I would think Adobe dimenisons is going to be the solution you want. You can get a 30 day trial version Talk to Vince, His whole site up until now was created in it. You could go for the $59.00 Make me spin in a circle Vecta standalone solution. Hope this helps. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Thumbs down

Mr. Pope,

I couldn't agree with you more about Extreme 3D... may it rest in peace. But then to send the poor fool off to work with Adobe Dimenisons, that product has not had an update in four years!

Please oh please dig a little deeper, there's got to be a more current product out there? FLASH rocks, where all the support tools?

[This message has been edited by SuperDee (edited 14 May 2000).]