A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: company site... hope you ppl like it ;)

flashing since v3
    http://www.dsiamic.com

if it breaks let me know

i also need opinions on the design... and some handy tips if u have any

chris

It's always the quiet ones.. Progressgoesboink's Avatar
    I have flash player 6, and this window popped up asking me if I wanted to download it, and I said no, and there was this big white box..yeah.

flashing since v3

incase u havent noticed...

there's a new version of flash... called flash 6

and if you already have flash 6... or flashMX... then you probably also havent noticed there is an even newer flash 6 player because of recent bug fixes...

download the new player

The navigation was a bit confusing at the beginning, but your use of it consistant, so I got the hang of it after a while. So it might be a bit confusing, but I wouldn't do anything about it because its not annoying or anything.
    Liked your style and use of graphics. Great thing!

flashing since v3

thanks...

ill bear that in mind for the next website i work on...
    yeah the navigation is a bit confusing at first... but im still trying to figure out the perfect nav set up for a site like this one.

I liked it however, you don't know how many sites I've seen that uses a subway as a backdrop image. To add more originality to your site you might want to consider changing it. Other than that the layout is great and I loved those square mouseover things.

flashing since v3
    Originally posted by 808i
    I liked it however, you don't know how many sites I've seen that uses a subway as a backdrop image. To add more originality to your site you might want to consider changing it. Other than that the layout is great and I loved those square mouseover things.

lol i said that to the boss.... but y'know how it goes...

i did actually have a better backdrop originally

JAyzEE
    Nice Work.....

flashing since v3
    Originally posted by junaidzamir
    Nice Work.....

lol thats what u said in another post i read earlier....

do you actually have anything constructive to say or are you just trying to increase your forum posts...?

excuse me for my ignorance if this is not the case

Nice look and feel - your alt-text hints say "minimise" and "maximise" - unless this is some sort of foreign spelling I'm not familiar with - it should be "minimize" and "maximize"

Otherwise, I liked it.

flashing since v3
    lol... the queen's english my friend

Originally posted by Progressgoesboink
    I have flash player 6, and this window popped up asking me if I wanted to download it, and I said no, and there was this big white box..yeah.
    same for me!
    i have latest plug 6.0.40.0

look at your html, you use different swf files for object and embed.

flashing since v3
    oh dear :\

ummm gimme 5 seconds and ill fix it

flashing since v3
    fixed.... damn i had no idea

hm, works now.

design could be better, colors are "dirty" and unfriendly and don't fit together very well.
    the dotted menu font is not that good, looks blurred. i'd use the same as on the window headlines.
    the mouse popup text is very blurred and why u use another popup style on the window navigation buttons.
    i'd also remove that "get macromedia..." logo, get scrollbar on 1024x768

ciao

flashing since v3
    im not too sure about the colours (british spelling lol) myself... winXP seems to use a combo of blue and green.... MS did alot of research into what colours people most like...

so im kinda not really fussed about personal preference on this occasion... but to say that they are 'dirty' ? i dont really understand... would you please care to elaborate ?

im not too sure about the dotted menu blurs... maybe i should make a point out of moving text to integers instead of x 44.7 y 78.3 ... maybe that's just flash's antialiasing

the reason for using different pop-ups is because of the dynamic text fields...

the yellow pop-ups are few... and could be made attractive by using a bandwidth intensive font...

i really can't wait to get my hands on ER's optimaze

i'll probably... most likely... get rid of the 'get macromedia flash player' button within half a year...

the flash6 penetration details came out the other day... saying that only 25% of internet users have the 6 player...
    as compared to 6% last time they came out.
    people need the flash6 player to browse the website.. flash5 will just not work

as for scrollbars? i didnt quite understand... the site seems to fit perfectly in 1024*768 res...

what is your viewable resolution though?

thanks for your feedback

Mostly harmless
    I like the site, quite visually stimulating and something (hurrah) a bit different on the nav front.

Only thing that springs to mind on top of what everyone has said is that I think perhaps your fonts could do with refinement. Some of them don't sit together 100%. Just a personal quibble, others may/will disagree.

Keep the Subway - ok so it's a cliche, it looks good...

flashing since v3

changes...

just be aware im currently making some changes to the site...

adding a change background feature at the moment

with "dirty" i mean they are too dark and greyish.
    and all the transparency of your windows doesn't make it better. for example the yellow of your popup is no clean yellow because of its transparency, it looks dirty to me.
    and the green of the background looks somehow poisonous

i'm on mac ie5, when i set resolution to 1024x768 i get a vertical scrollbar.

flashing since v3
    hmmm i see what you mean by dirty now...

it's a hard job mixing colours n stuff like that

like ive posted im currently working on changing the background... so that should improve things...

screen resolution and viewable resolution are totally different things.... try changing your toolbar setup in your IE...

possible answer might mean i'll have to load the website into a pop-up or a chromeless pop-up

not too sure

thanks for your feedback