A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: version2 .. need opinions before going further

Smile

New site :

http://www.austin-webs.com/flash/ver2/index.htm

Old site :

http://www.austin-webs.com/flash/index.htm

WHY? ... becuase i want to enter for some awards and feel it needs to be original or it aint gonna happen!

thanks

jon

I liked the first initial viewing of the new site. The elevator was a very clever idea. The colors go very well with one another and the layout is real easy to follow. My only critisizm is that after navigating around your site the elevator technique become a little monotomous. Perhaps use the elevator but change the views for each link that is clicked. Its really not that big of a deal, but i think that would be a great addition to your site.

hmmm

yeah ..you got a good point there....its easy to get wrapped in your work. I can see how it would become annoying VERY quickly

jon

Originally posted by woj1s
    I liked the first initial viewing of the new site. The elevator was a very clever idea. The colors go very well with one another and the layout is real easy to follow. My only critisizm is that after navigating around your site the elevator technique become a little monotomous. Perhaps use the elevator but change the views for each link that is clicked. Its really not that big of a deal, but i think that would be a great addition to your site.

I agree with that comment, it gets kind of repetitive, but verygood imagination. One other thing I would definetly change is the font size on the navigation, you cant even read it, even on your first site which is also very good, I cant read the font. Just an oppinion.

Hey man:

Don't worry about that url, I tried searching for it but sorry just couldn't remember. As for your design personaly I really like it. It's simple, yet entertaining unlike some sites that's just, well...simple. I've been looking at flash sites for a long time now and this being the "second" site I've seen that used the elevator concept is pretty damn good!! Keep it up and enter this bad boy!!

One thing though...work on your sound design make it more realistic. Maybe some people talking like how they do in an elevator...you know some caughing, whispering, etc., I think that would make your visitors feel as if they are actually in the elevator you know?

Mostly harmless
    Ok, so the elevator thing is slightly repetitive - make it just a bit quicker and it won't be a major concern.

What does concern me however are the colour of your buttons. What possessed you? You've come up with a complimentary colour scheme for the rest of the site, then there's these awful red and green things spoiling the look 'n' feel.

Get those sorted, speed the up the lift anim and you're there....