A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Flash Format SDK, C++] Movie size maximum?

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with the Flash File Format SDK (from Macromedia) for a while, but I have never tried to create a swf that has a larger size than 800x600. When I did and compiled the whole thing, the only thing I saw when running the swf, was the titlebar (or a movie that is NOT 1024x768, but somethingx768)...

Anyone know what the problem is? Even when I download the original sdk without changing a thing (of the examples), except the size, it'll go wrong...
    //Code snip
    // Create the SWF file with 1024x768 stage and frame rate 12 fps.
    allTags.CreateMovie("FExampleEditText.swf", 1024*20, 768*20, 12);

//End code snip

Is there some maximum size or something..?

Got any ideas?

Thx.

A. Don

Your problem is that you are using Macromedia's SDK :-). Switch to another while you can, or regret it later.

I had the same problem , the problem is to do with over flow and variable sizes. Have a look at the vars used for the movie width and height, i think it should be a RECT type of some kind from memory.

If you really want to use the MM SDK -> Basically it always uses 15bits for each value of the rect structure when writing the SWF header, you need to modify it to properly calculate the minimum bits needed to represent the number.

Which SDK to use?

Hi,
    I am just beginning to realize how poorly organized the MM SDK is. Unfortunately I have already put some time into it porting to C++.NET managed code. I am only really using it to add streaming MP3 to short movies. Jesse, can you reccomend a good SDK for me to work with and let me now where I can get it?

Thanks a million

Brian