A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How can I get flash to DVD?

I have created a movie in flash that is a combination of many different movie loops. The final piece is a movie with no beginning and no end, that is supposed to go on for hours.
    How can I get this onto a DVD disk? Is it possible to fade out the end so that it does not crop off abruptly? What software can I use?
    All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

well i dont know putting it on a dvd disc, but i've put mine in a vcd/svcd format...if thats what your looking to do...

thank you for your responce, but I don't know, what is vcd/svcd format?
    I want to get it on DVD to be able to play on any DVD player, would vcd/svcd do that?

Originally posted by angiedrak
    thank you for your responce, but I don't know, what is vcd/svcd format?
    I want to get it on DVD to be able to play on any DVD player, would vcd/svcd do that?

no, the dvd player would have to be able to specifically play vcds - which many dont. Usually multi-region dvds palyers can cater for vcds.

You could export your flash movie as a .avi, convert it to a .mpeg then use this software

http://www.ulead.com/dws/runme.htm

well I don't know about many that don't play vcd/svcd...but I live in the states and most of the new ones do that around 150$...I tried doing the avi export the movie quality was horrible...so I exported as a quicktime mov to keep the quality...and if you go to http://www.vcdhelp.com there's a utility on there called TMPGEnc which will re-encode the movie with high quality to a vcd/svcd format...there's a bunch of tutorials on how to do it, but if you need help just let me know

You can burn it on a dvd, but you have to buy a dvd burner which is still around 400$

VCD is the only other option and it usually says on the front of the DVD player.

those are the only things i can think of