A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ~fe

Dr. of Trollometry

Smile

What do you think of this?

http://www.feistyenterprises.com

Any pointers gladly received.

thanks!

Is those buttons working? The loading text made me laugh. As for the design it's different, it's artistic, I like it. It's good to see more of these design eccentric type sites. Keep it up!!

Dr. of Trollometry
    the buttons are working. It's just that you're not allowed to use them!

You have to use the trolligation (bottom left) to navigate. Press, drag up, then release.

?

wow, i love it!

it took a bit to understand how it works, and i'm used to working strange sites.

i think the average viewer wont know what to do, but if thats not a problem for you, its not a problem for me!

aside from that- the site is great... with the skateboarding and the pixel fonts and the pixxelated bg it makes me feel like i've fallen inside a nintendo

great job

fe:

I tried dragging that troll and it didn't work. Maybe it's just me..I'll try again later.

Dr. of Trollometry
    cheers big_k!

Maybe I should include some instructions somewhere.

I kind of like the fact that you are forced to find out by yourself though. That is, if you hang around long enough.

Did anyone find the "randomise bg" button? Should I make that a bit clearer too?

I'm sure I put that usability manual here somewhere...

Pretty cool indeed..Make sure you explain that navigation ver clearly though..Either in an intro or splash page..

Dr. of Trollometry
    808i:

You have to drag the white shape in the bottom left hand corner up or down and then release to throw the troll off the ramp and make him jump into the navigation items.

I'll put some kind of explanation on the site.

yea, i found the randomize button...

it would be cool if people found out for themselves, but also it depends on what you are actually trying to do with this site...

if you are trying to get clients then you should make it clearer, because most clients would probably scratch their heads for a few seconds then click the X

you could always animate a little mouse button to go down and move the bar, then have the troll go and open up "profile"

like a page intro only it shows them how to navigate too

Mostly harmless
    Lol, a really bizarre idea you got going there - but highly entertaining. Keep it consistent and you'll have people hooked

Dr. of Trollometry
    So...

I have now got a little demo of the trolligation up , like big_k suggested. Better?

Cheers for the help,
    feisty.

hehe, that was fun. i like the nav, very creative. and the soundeffects were good too. the only prob i had were the ultra-pixilated backgrounds. it didnt look like they were supposed to be that way but you exported them to bitmaps or something. anyhoo, if you can or want to, try to increase the quality of them.

peace

very nice

that should make it clear enough what to do, while still leaving a bit of experimentation to it

Dr. of Trollometry
    cool

about the backgrounds - they're supposed to look that way.

i reduced them to a few colours and saved them as 300x400 gifs in photoshop. then i imported them into flash and sized them 1600x1200. then with toggleHighQuality() they look like that. that way they look trashy and it keeps the filesize down.

I appreciate it if you don't like them, though. They are pretty cringeworthy.