A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Another MX vid question

As my director skills are just starting and I am comfortable in Flash I have a vid question.

How is the vid in MX for CD presentations? I'll need to put 10-15 mins of footage as high quality as poss (full screen maybe) onto a CD. I dont need a major breakdown just wether it's even worth trying to do this stuff with the flash projector or just get to grips with director. What kind of spec machines will have problems and cause the vid not to play smooth?

Thanks.

Moved to Flash MX Help !!

As you load a Flash file, Flash makes you load the whole thing into memory before it begins. On top of that, the slower your cd-rom, the longer it takes for it to get everything loaded.

I did a cd project with a three minute video at 320x240, and when you clicked the button to load the video, it took about 20-25 seconds for my 32x cd-rom to start playing the file.

Ok thanks for that. I'll look into the workings of director I think. I presume it's projector is handled differently. I may use flash sometimes but it will obviously depend on the spec of the machines that the pres' will play on.

As long as I can figure out how to do a simple VHS-CD transfer on director I'll use it.

Thanks though.