A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift3d Gallery (Beta)

This is a beta of the gallery I'm creating for the models rendered in swift3d. If anyone is interested in looking this is the link http://www.flashwave.co.uk/tony/movies/swift.html
    please note that the preloader sits at 80% for a bit because its where the model gets loaded.

The other note I would like to point out is that the purpose of the gallery to see its capabilities in rendering more then animating. there are about 27 models rendered out of the 100+ that I did.

Hey nice stuff you got there Firestarter... I must say I really like the V38 Fighter...
    Did you model these things yourself?

Some I modeled myself a while ago when i was playing around with 3d studio max and others I picked up from the net.

hmmm i think your ubb has a problem there. its generating double postings

[This message has been edited by firestarter (edited 11 May 2000).]

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Cool stuff. I like the little player interface also. I'm going to ask Mark to put
    a link to your site for more examples on the review I did if it's ok with you. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

Looks good Tony! I love your little firestarter dude animation as well!

We will eventually get a 3d section going here on flash kit too, I have a tonne of models and around 25 000 !!! textures floating around to do something with...

Keep it up!
    Mark

Question

If you made an animation within Max how would you export it into Swift 3d? Would you export a bitmap sequence or what? From what I understand Swift reads 3ds files but I don't exactly understand how it goes about animating them.

I'm thinking about buying this probram but am a little cloudy on that matter.

Thanks

Just export it as a 3ds file. Swift will read all the relevant information about the animation from the 3ds file. It will even read all the lighting effects.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Thats what makes it so sweet! Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

I received a number of e-mails asking which 3d program I used on the beta of my gallery. I mainly used 3dstudio max.

The gallery is almost complete and it will have an upload engine for anyone that would like to do so. It should be released in the next few days.