A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash6 in VisualBasic6

gnana , the code that you post doesnt work to me , and i dont know why , that goes on the first frame or were?
    thanks

it works 4 all

hi dude,

Just place the entire code in the first frame of the FLA, that's it....it takes care of everything....I hope you are using FlashMX only )......just kidding and if it still doesn't work just tell me the version of the Flashplayer you are using...

"Were things doesn't work we will make it WORK"
    gnana

Hi man , y test it with the last player version , and now promps me the configuration of the flash player when the movie starts also still have the right click menu . know why?
    thanks for the help

get cleared

hi guys,

The code given by me is not to hide the right click menu.

It will hide only the settings window which loads on choosing the settings from the right click menu.

So just get cleared.....you also remove the System.showSettings() from the code and see the difference.
    To my knowledge no one as suppresed the right click meny using flash itself, you can use 3rd party tools like swf studio to do that....

regards
    gnana

That's correct...you got to change something within the flash player itself.

that's illegal

hi buddy,

You cannot have an hand in the player without the concern of macromedia. They give the source code of Flash player for selective people, you can get it and may workaround with it. Otherwise doing something in the player is illegal.

I don't like to be behind bars

bye
    gnana

Re: that's illegal

hi...

gnana, well don't you think by using the code you gave to remove the System.showSettings() window... is illegal?

Developer

Re: Re: that's illegal

Originally posted by QSI
    hi...

gnana, well don't you think by using the code you gave to remove the System.showSettings() window... is illegal?
    we can't modify flash(the program); or flash(the player plugin). we can do whatever we want to with our swfs... anyways, how do you disable the right click menu ?

Re: Re: Re: that's illegal

well ""our swf's"" you mean we can suppress things by writing some code which macromedia actually doesnot want us to do so? That might be the reason why it never gave out any option for doing it directly......

well we cannot remove the Rightclick menu completly nor we can disable the settings... menuitem.....what we can do with this code is even if any user selects the setting... after RightClick the window which shows up doesnot get visible....the lines of code are....

_root.onEnterFrame= function(){
    if(typeof _level2130706430 != undefined){
    unloadMovie(_level2130706430);
    delete _root.onEnterFrame;
    }
    }
    System.ShowSettings();

gsolo is correct

hi guys,

GSOLO is correct...you cannot alter the codes of flash player of flash itself...but you can do things with your swf it is legal.....

In another thread here a way to remove the right click menu for exe files is given...just check it

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...95#post1875495

The guys use a utility from this site
    http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

Atlast its hackers way......

gnana