A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: site check for seriously trippy art portfolio

Smile

My first Flash site. It may be a little buggy, please let me know. I've been having trouble with external jpegs and the scrollpane component.

http://www.scottdubar.com/main_page.html

Any comments on my artwork are also welcome!
    [Edited by BaliScott on 07-28-2002 at 12:06 PM]

ok... i love this weird art design... everything seems to work, except for the scrollpanes in the about area... the external jpeg loading works, but i didn't check them all though... possibly bump the frame rate up a bit...

Love that main page graphic.

Cheers,
    jcsco0

nice art!

I like your Art .....different and surreal.

there's the four pictures at the beginning of your site that you have as buttons. turn them into graphics because when the mouse is over them they seem to be buttons and i'm sure it bother's some ppl that they don't do anything.

that's all for now.

Nice paintings and drawings!....

Please could you respond to my thread in the "Site Check section"? thanks i appreciate it.

the motion is too rigid...speed up those FPS and I think you'll be rollin' pretty well.

The site looks like HTML too much, really. which isn't bad, but if you're using flash you might as well use it to the fullest.

Are you getting the job done? yes...is it really showcasing your talent the way that your talent could be? not really.

Thanks for the replies! Here are some issues I've had that may be usefull for others:

1. The thumbnails that appear in the preloader are buttons "borrowed" from other sections in the site. I tried changing thier status to graphic, but then Flash plays their various button states as the timeline progresses(which looks awful). I've just been too lazy to find a workaround yet.

2. Components suck. They're way too buggy, and don't seem to work consistantly from one machine to another. I'm going to go ahead and work out the code for my own scroll features.

I look forward too hearing from more Flashers!

imagination through stupidity
    oh, that was pretty nice; i liked when it said "weird stuff" and i was like "lol".. hehe ~ anyways, i come to anythread with "Trippy or KAPUT" in the title.. Hehe..

Personally, with a great design; the site could of been done in html ~ and have looked a lot better. But thats just my preference. Im using flash as an html replacement on mysite for compression.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    very nice art work.

"Personally, with a great design; the site could of been done in html" -Sybersnake

My background is more with Director and Photoshop, so Flash was a natural choice for me. I'm fairly incompetent with html. Also, it wasn't clear to me if you liked the overall design or not. It would be nice if you could be more specific, but I still thank you for your comments.

i like the feel to it, i would suggest adding a little soft background music that expresses you and your art work.

looking great! ...you been ordering your pizza's with any 'funny' mushrooms on it...heh..

great colors!

Smile

ooooooohhhhhh......the colors!

hi

outstanding artwork man
    site fine

greets
    David