A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rendering Problems in MAx...slow computer...ne idea?

Hey gerb,

How much would it cost for you to build me one just like the computer at the top of you post.

guys...cut it off... until i get a new system....just joking...

*mustafapracha* cries out loud.....

should be making more money now

Originally posted by WMLeeBo
    How much would it cost for you to build me one just like the computer at the top of you post.
    how much? just look at how much it would cost for raw materials. prices have dropped, again. so, I would be wrong...

it's cheaper to do it yourself. but I dunno at the moment... I'll go through my receipts when I get back from my trip.

Cool

If your having buggy renders from max (and i'm presuming you're rendering to avi/mov) try outputting to a bitmap format and comping in video post...not ideal but at least you get a result.

hope this helps.

and if your puter crashes whilst rendering at least you won't have to start the whole process again...forgot that bit

Originally posted by bigsquid
    If your having buggy renders from max (and i'm presuming you're rendering to avi/mov) try outputting to a bitmap format and comping in video post...not ideal but at least you get a result.

hope this helps.
    i didnt try it out..but what about the quality of the movie?

Smile

Depends on the quality of bitmap you save. I usually output to a high quality .jpg if i'm on a tight deadline (and i went to sleep thinking my 'trusty' comp would render for 8 hrs without a fault )

actually they even have quad xeon motherboards, or if you are running some sort of super computer system you can buy a massive Sun server with like 72processors

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    well as far as the conserv ram goes the option is under the rendering menu but i dont think you nessisarily need a new comp im running(at home) a p2 433 with 256 ram and max runs great unless i have gigantic numbers of polys in a scene and i also run xsi and maya unlimited so your problem could be somewhere else...

1. post # of polys in the scene here on fk

2. if your truly desperate give the max file to someone you trust

3. check your instalation and consider reinstalling

if ur that desparate to render ur stuff send the .max file to sum1 who has a power comp+ good connection and get em to render the movie and then upload it on the net or sumthin....

Originally posted by EXILED ARCHANGEL
    well as far as the conserv ram goes the option is under the rendering menu but i dont think you nessisarily need a new comp im running(at home) a p2 433 with 256 ram and max runs great unless i have gigantic numbers of polys in a scene and i also run xsi and maya unlimited so your problem could be somewhere else...

1. post # of polys in the scene here on fk

2. if your truly desperate give the max file to someone you trust

3. check your instalation and consider reinstalling

Maya works on p2? hmm..thats cool...but mine is 400 yours is 33Mhz more...would that matter?

and i got the rendering done it took around 2 hours......a major problem was the weather...i had to turn on the AC...and i turned off the virtual render thingy......

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    that 33 shouldnt matter but yes maya works acually faster than max because of the way its built

how many polys in the scene?

I think better RAM would help, but also the processor, thats the most important,I used to render in my normal PC with 256 M Ram, and it worked fine, fast but not as fast as my workstation, it has 1 g Ram, and 2 Xeon Processors, and tha is very fast he he.
    You video card hasnt anything to do with the renering time.