A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Materials with Multiple Colors???

That's the ticket. I like it.

Just one thing I want to add about placing images directly into your post...try to keep the file size as small as possible. If we get too many images in a thread, it really bogs down the page. So if I have an image that is over 30-40k, I will generally provide an outside link.

Working on that brings up another question. A simple spin on that keeps the lights in one position. Is there a way to make the target spots follow the brick if it's moving across the canvas? I mean, can objects and lights be grouped?

Yeah that would be nice, but no, you can't group objects with lights at this point. Perhaps we can get erain to add that to a future release. For now the best you can do is to animate them separately along similar paths.

Since we are on the subject, you definitely want to disable the default trackball lights and use only Spot or Point lights for animated scenes. The default lights work based on an invisible "sphere" that is as big as all the objects in your entire scene. Once you start animating things, this sphere almost always constantly changes, resulting in a generally undesirable and largely unpredictable movement of the default trackball lights.