A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d customer objects

Hi all

I found that great product for creating 3d flash effects but i have some problems in creating my own customed 3d objects. Can somebody tell me how to create my own 3d objects except 3d spheres, 3d cubes etc. defined in the menu of 3d models? Or is there a way to change the positions of the key points of these objects so that I could define my own 3d form?

Yours,
    ddd3

You can use your basic shapes(as any art teacher will tell you) to create more complex forms..........

For example:

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/3d.html
    (my first ever attempt at 3d modeling, done in 3dfa)

Just think building blocks, and start stacking the shapes, there will be ALOT of trial and error, and if you are thinking it will be an easy/quick endeavor then re-think(the head model above took me several days to accomplish). No matter what program you use 3d modelling takes time and effort, and a good deal of fore thought as to what you want to create.

Best bet, is to start with a sketch of what you want with pencil and paper from several different directions, then take that and break it down into it's basic shapes, and from there go to the program and start putting it together.

.....Good Luck,
    -Jason

ani8tor

Originally posted by ddd3
    Hi all

I found that great product for creating 3d flash effects but i have some problems in creating my own customed 3d objects. Can somebody tell me how to create my own 3d objects except 3d spheres, 3d cubes etc. defined in the menu of 3d models? Or is there a way to change the positions of the key points of these objects so that I could define my own 3d form?

Yours,
    ddd3
    As of Ver 3.6 3ds files done in the freeware modeler Animator seem to work. It's much easier to model the objects there and import them.
    http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

Thank you both. I'm gonna give it a try.
    I am new to 3D modeling and I appreciate any help. I have downloaded Annim8or too. It is much easier to think in 3d with this product, but is there any way to save files in .bmp or .jpeg format as in 3d flash animator ?

Well, as you said, you could put it in 3DFA and export as bmp or jpg, in Anim8or, Docs/2_basics.html#preview is the link it has for exporting jpg and bmp files, So you can give that a try.

Re: ani8tor

Originally posted by blanius

As of Ver 3.6 3ds files done in the freeware modeler Animator seem to work. It's much easier to model the objects there and import them.
    http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html [/B]
    Bret,
    I've been using this anim8tor, and have models made, but when I export them to 3ds and import them into 3dfa, all I'm getting is the first shape that was drawn. Any idea, whats happening here?

-Jason

Re: Re: ani8tor

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Bret,
    I've been using this anim8tor, and have models made, but when I export them to 3ds and import them into 3dfa, all I'm getting is the first shape that was drawn. Any idea, whats happening here?

-Jason
    Yeah I had that problem too, You have to join the meshes.
    Grouping doesn't do it.

Select all and the JOIN mesh under the build menu (from memory, but I think thats right)

Re: Re: Re: ani8tor

Originally posted by blanius

Yeah I had that problem too, You have to join the meshes.
    Grouping doesn't do it.

Select all and the JOIN mesh under the build menu (from memory, but I think thats right)
    Thanks, just what I was looking for........

-Jason

Smile thanks

sounds good tying it now