A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please check this site!

Hi guys,

This is my first post, although i've been lurking on these boards for a long time

I'm helping a friend with a website (she's a musician).

I was hoping you could look at it and give me feedback. The main things I need to know..

* browser compatability
    * are loading times ok?
    * is the animation smooth
    * is the general site design ok (fonts, layout etc)
    * any other constructive feedback about design etc.

here's the url - http://www.dazychain.net

thanks in advance!

ps - i've been following these boards for a long time and think you have a great/constructive community happening here.

-jonathan

The loading time is okay. The only thing i think u should add is an enter button on the very first page. I didnt know what do to at first.

done!

thanks for the feedback.

-jonathan

O-Boy is it nice!

Great feel - suits the look and sound of the lil' lady.

One link in the photo gallery is broken (and I checked them all - maybe twice even!). Not sure which gallery- no indication to let me know how far into the pics I was.

Maybe provide smaller audio clips? I'm on a T1 at work and had a bit of a wait to get the files open.

-cisco

JAyzEE
    It Looks Great.

Originally posted by defixio2

One link in the photo gallery is broken (and I checked them all - maybe twice even!). Not sure which gallery- no indication to let me know how far into the pics I was.

Maybe provide smaller audio clips? I'm on a T1 at work and had a bit of a wait to get the files open.

-cisco
    [/B]
    We removed one photo because it was a bit too 'saucy' (even for her!), so that's probably the one you were referring to.

Thanks for going over them so diligently

I'll look into the size of the audio clips.

On the topic of audio clips.. I was having some trouble getting the audio files to work properly.

They were originally .wma files. On my pc, when I clicked on the link a 'save as' window would come up. On someone elses pc the .wma would stream and play properly. On yet another person pc the .wma file would start to stream but buffer endlessly, and finally on another pc the same problem (streaming but buffering endlessly).

So what's the best way to place music on my site so it works on everyones computer? I'm worried about the songs not streaming properly on everyones pc. In the end I just put the .wma files into zip files so people can download them and play them locally.

thanks everyone for the feedback!

-jonathan

nothing beats a prom queen face surrounded by dreads ...ahhh..

i had to click the audio file twice. i hit 'open' the first time but nothing happened. so i thought i may have hit 'save' by mistake, so i tried it again - second time it opened.

afraid my advice on proper audio techniques won't help- having a little trouble as well.

care to critique a band site i did? the frames need reworking...

http://www.basrocks.com

thanks,
    cisco

i like the navigation bar alot (ie, fonts and colours) but it might be a bit too large for 800x600 screens?

that bar of images along the top makes the site seem a bit cluttered. (less is more?)

so the site does the job, but could be better.

i was looking through the photos. i'd be running in the other direction if i met those guys in a dark alley.

-jonathan

no option to email you through this site so..

if youre interested in working together on any industrial/fetish projects i'd be open to it. defixio.com is being developed towards that area.

-cisco

oooh sounds interesting

i'm busy with projects at the moment, so i can't really take anything else onboard, but i'll keep it in mind.

you might like hypnox if you haven't seen it already.

*wink*

some 'mature' content on this site so steer clear if you're worried about your boss looking over your shoulder.

http://www.hypnox.com/

-jonathan