A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift-3D 2 Tutorials

Hi people,

cool forum, i'm just starting out learning Swift-3D 2, im looking for tutorials on creating a 3d room, there are plenty of tutorials but i can't seem to find one on this, there are plenty of text effects, spheres, cubes etc.

ps only got the demo, trying out the plasma demo too, basically i wanna create 3d rooms for my flash movies

caithness massiv
    well... we have plenty of tutorials here:

http://www.erain.com/tutorials.asp

whats with everyone getting Demos??? I thought Swift didn't allow demos due to piracy... I had to pay to try my version ... not that I regret it

caithness massiv
    we recently included a demo version of our software in a few magazines (i.e. 3d world) and we have also given out some copies at trade shows like flashforward

but you're right, we still don't allow a downloadable version

ya the flash tutorials at the erain site were very helpful

Originally posted by agent vivid
    we recently included a demo version of our software in a few magazines (i.e. 3d world) and we have also given out some copies at trade shows like flashforward

but you're right, we still don't allow a downloadable version
    I'm curious about your decision. Why stop the downloads but still allow it on magazines? Seems like pirates would not hesitate to buy the mag if they wanted to crack the software. And, I guess I'm curious as to why you've decided to do something different than the rest of the industry (even MM lets you DL a demo!)

I bought my Swift 3D about a month ago and am thoroughly pleased with it. I'm just wondering if you may lose sales to other tools by not encouraging try-before-you-buy. The guarantee is cool but many folks prefer to see it before they give up their cash.

pirates, buy something?

hahahahahah!

caithness massiv
    our goal is to discourage piracy

we know that people hack our software and we also know that people pirate our software ... swift3D.v3 will ::crosses fingers:: hopefully combat this situation better than our prior software

by now allowing downloads, we are able to somewhat reduce the saturation of hacks/cracks/isos... especially when it comes to the latest builds of our products

and regarding your comment that "most folks prefer to see it before they give up their cash" ... i definitely agree

but, you'd be surprised at how many people trust our company and our products because we extend the money-back guarantee

moreover, there's plenty of information, screenshots, tutorials, and reviews about our products in everything from swift3d.com to flashkit to 3dworld magazine... we feel that there's enough out there for our potential customers to make an informed and educated buying decision

i hope that answered your question

Originally posted by gerbick
    pirates, buy something?

hahahahahah!

Why not? If the magazine costs 1/5 the price of the product it is a pretty cheap way to get the demo. And then they hack it. Its probably cheaper than the cost of a download of the whole demo.

and if you want version 4.0 in the future, why not buy the $159.00 3D Flash wünderkind?

it's worth every dollar, and it's reasonably priced.

and if you support them, version 4.0 will be all that much better... piracy? sucks. only means that my favorite software will most likely be around for the next version. at least at a decent price.

support the companies. I see no justification for piracy.