A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing an image and contraining it to an area

at the moment an image in my movie is imported by the user by setting a variable (in this case entering the url into a box) and pressing a button. Attached to the button is : -

on (release) {
    loadMovie(imgurl, "mypic");
    fscommand(allowscale, false);
    gotoAndStop("profile");
    }

this imports the image, the only problem is that this does not constrain it to the rectangle that the movie clip (mypic) takes up.

I tried to use some initiative and change the code attached to the button to: -

on (release) {
    loadMovie(imgurl, "mypic");
    fscommand(allowscale, true);
    gotoAndStop("profile");
    mypic.constraintorectangle(0, 150, 0, 150);
    }

but this had no effect, pure guesswork really

please bare in mind if you reply that these variables are saved in shared objects, just incase that has any effect.

If you have to much time on your hands here is the movie: -
    http://www.mwt.rules.it
    go to new game, give yourself a new name then skip the non-existent intro and click profile. the image in the top left corner of that screen is the movieclip 'myimg' click on it.

Thanks for the help (in advance),
    Ollie.

please have sympathy

this has been up for a few hours now, if ur just sitting there readings this please write something, it's gone 4am and i gotta wake up and run a nike 10kLondon qualifying thing in 5 hours.

try scaleing it after it loads
    theClip._width=xxx;
    theClip._height=xxx;
    thats how i did mine, just make sure the registration point is set to the upper left.

nice!

Thanks, it's resizing itself to the right size really well now but not in the right place. How do you set the registration point?

Thnx for the help, much apreciated.

to set the registration point create a new movie clip and there should be a little box of black boxes with a white box in the middle, click the top right box of those and thats now the registartion point.

aha!

i just realised what you meant when you said registration point, thanks is working perfectly now.

Infinately grateful.

no prob