A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and ASP.NET

Hi,
    Have someone already tried Flash&XML together with ASP.NET and C#? I mean - are there some of the great features of .NET platform which will help you in developing Flash applicatons?

Well I haven't used Flash-XML-ASP-C# but I have used Flash and XML and C# and XML.

There are a heap of great XML manipulation routines availble in C# as well as a good development environment for developing XML based data.

Especially if you need some server side manipulation of data then C# would not be a bad choice.

Thanks

Luke

Thanks for your reply, Luke,
    may I have some more questions?
    1)Can you provide some links to good tutorial?
    2)When I use a sql parameter which is "uniqueidentifier", I get an error "cannot cast system.string to system.guid" or similar. I think that the problem is, that the value supplied for the parameter is implicitly taken as string. How to change it? I tried several ways without succes.
    3)How to display XML in the current page as it is, that is - without writing XSL file. It should be very simple thing, but I just cannot find the proper syntax - all tutorials I have seen so far. either use XSLT or save XML to a file. You know what I need - XML output for Flash.

Don't know of any good C# tutorials on XML. Once I got started it was pretty self explanatory.

If uniqueidentifier is coming from the database I don't beleive that you can cast to a System.Guid, only get a new system.guid. I don't understand why you are trying to cast back to a guid?

As for how to deliver it to flash, you need to do this within ASP. If you are connecting ASP to a C# object just present a method or property that delivers the XML as a string. Then it should be a simple call in the ASP page.

Thanks

Luke