A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: serverside.asc take affect!! ??HOW???????

Danny Gomez Creations cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin

Thumbs up

I know I have to restart the service for the serverside scripts such as main.asc to take affect. But I am developing apps on a friends standalone server (since I have none, and trial license is about to end). Now IS there ANY way of getting arround this, becouse I cant really tell my friend to go home and restart the service on his server everytime I need to test the .asc files. There must be a way, or else would serverside scripting be unpossible on hosting domains such as mediatemple. How do they do it, and how could I make it?

Please help me, I was just about to get good at fcs apps stuff.

psx = new Moderator();
    Sorry Cosmic. No getting good for you!

What your friend could do is put the flashcom admin stuff into a directory that is accessible on the webserver for you (assuming he's running a webserver on the same machine) -- it requires a login/pass to get into, but I'd put it into a password protected directory as well. Then you can go in and restart your apps the same way you were when it was running locally.

Hope that helps - I couldn't tell you where to begin to setup the password protected directory on win2000, unless he/she's using apache. My guess is that they are using iis or pws or whatever webserver is on w2k.

Psx