A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: : : URGENT : : need help

resolved

Hi,

i am using Flash 5.00 and havint switch to MX, infact i gonna make a presentation of a textile company in which i need to put some shots of their videos of fashion shows. I have the video in mpeg format. But as far as i know flash dozint support mpeg format...

so wat shud i do? please help me out..... u can also email me on
    mzakihaider@yahoo.com

thanx,
    bubyeee

can you convert the mpeg files to quicktime?
    than you could link to them in your flash presentation and export as quicktime.
    or you could get a software like flix that converts to flash video for use in version prior to flashmx

Originally posted by secondsign
    can you convert the mpeg files to quicktime?
    than you could link to them in your flash presentation and export as quicktime.
    or you could get a software like flix that converts to flash video for use in version prior to flashmx
    Thanx for ur reply. can u please tell me the software which can change .mpeg into .mov?

ok, you can use quicktime pro, which you can download on the internet. bout $75 US. (or other like premiere and editing programmes i think)

But a few details - i forgot to ask if you are presenting this over the internet, or wether it is playing off hard drive or CDrom. Cos it makes a difference to what the best method is.

If you use QUICKTIME, and import the movie into Flash5, (choosing the linking option) and then export as a QT movie (choose this in your publish settings.)
    You must have QT to view the exported QT file, which means that any one else who views this file also needs the quicktime player, or install it, free from apple.
    People with Macs will have it already. people on PC's may not.
    You also need to publish your flash at a version one prior to the QT [player you are using,.
    That is, if you publish as Flash5,. then you need the latest QT6 player.

If you want to look at other software that will covert your mpeg into a flash readble these sites have different products.
    http://www.blue-pac.com/products/tur...eo/default.htm
    http://www.wildform.com/