A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] +++ Flash Studio PRO released! Sockets, Database, HTML and MORE! +++

Thanks to the many people who have download and used Flash Studio. We are happy to announce that Flash Studio PRO is now available for download and it's 100% FREE for Non-Commercial use!

New Enhanced Features Include:

All Flash Studio 1.0 fscommands
    Database Connection
    Realtime Socket Communication
    Load Video into the Projector
    Load HTML into the projector
    Internal Browser Functionality
    MPEG, AVI and ASF Support

...and much More! There's simply too many features to list on here, but there's is nothing else available with this much power and all for free too - Most commands are executed with just 1 line! For a full feature list and to get your free download, please visit:

http://www.multidmedia.com

For anyone who's not aware of Flash Studio, it's a swf2exe tool that allows you to create 100% customized projectors from your swf files and supports over 50 new fscommands - This puts the power of Director into Flash!

Sample exe's and source code can be downloaded from:

http://www.multidmedia.com/fls/downloads

Enjoy!

<bump>

Spam? Spam! Spam!? And even from an Executive Member... tsk... I didn't know spamming was allowed in the TOS... Isn't there a marketing forum or something like the such? (yeah, that's right, I said 'something like the such.')

Oh yeah.
    A new version.
    WITH DATABASE!!
    Now that's getting more interesting.

Moved from Flash MX Help !!

Spam? Did I forget to mention it's FREE!? Thanks to everyone who has downloaded. Hope you enjoy it!

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

Gambini made a well-intentioned post about a major release of his software. He only posted it once and it's good information that's of value to the people that lurk here. Nothing "spammy" about that.

+++ UPDATE +++

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded Flash Studio PRO, a new update has been uploaded today which includes the following additional commands:

Connect to password protected Database
    Connect to absolute path (inlcuding network paths!)
    Print Variable Command (with or withour printer dialogue box)
    several minor bug fixes

...and the best news...more is on the way

Download your copy at http://www.multidmedia.com

Enjoy

I can find the update. It still says "Flash Studio PRO 1.0".

Yes, just download that file. We've updated the version number in the actual app - all the downloads on our site will be the latest version.

the product is still essentially version 1, we've just added more to it!

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Im back Gambini! SWF Studio is way better.

Just out of curiosity, when someone talks about having sockets what do they mean?

The Sockets in Flash Studio allow two or more users to pass variables to each other in real time so you can make an instant messenger (like the one provided in our download section) or multiplayer games where player location is passed in realtime so you can make pretty fast racing/platform games too! Combine this with our database functionality and you could even do action replays which you can save and share with other users - that's just the tip of the iceberg really.

There is NO other application on the market that allows you to do this with just one or two fscommands - it really is that simple.

We've updated again to version 1.0.6 and have included some extra print fscommands. Theres more on the way and remember, Flash Studio is completely free for non-commercial use! Download your copy from:

http://www.multidmedia.com

Enjoy.

[Edited by Gambini on 09-06-2002 at 01:53 PM]

Hi Jasonplace, could you advise why SWF Studio is better than Flash Studio Pro? I am considering both products. Regretably, it seems like SWF Studio's progress has come almost to a halt since April/May? No new update?

I like SWF Studio for its ability to download files from Internet without using a browser.

I like Flash Studio Pro for its database connectivity.

I like FlashnPack for its promises, but its documentation or lack thereof makes me wonder... why should I pay for a beta???

Can someone do a fair side-by-side comparison? Please advise, thanks.

superb0x, just to keep you informed (I sent you an email too) but our next update will allow you to download files from the internet without a browser too, as well as several other new commands. Will keep you posted, but it should be available next week. Thanks.

[Edited by Gambini on 09-06-2002 at 01:55 PM]

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

SWF Studio isn't stalled, I've been working steadily the whole time I just haven't released the new stuff to the public for a while (any of my registered users can get access to the development build).

The new version is coming soon along with new plugins, a PDF (printable) manual, a new web site and more!

That download from the web feature you like has been GREATLY expanded too... It's a whole new new plugin that has been in beta for over a month now. It allows you to download files in chunks (so you can report on the progress) and it has support for SSL, proxies, userid/password authentication, GET/POST, custom HTTP headers, and full control over the HTTP request buffer if you need it

Hi Gambini, please send me the email again, if it is different from your post. I did not receive the email probably because my mailbox was full. I have updated my profile with another email address. Thanks!

Northcode, when will the new product be launched? Will it have database connectivity with SQL support? I need it to be like Flash Studio Pro's database support instead of FlashnPack's which doesn't seem to have SQL support.

Thanks!

Umm.... I've been a great admirer of both softwares... SWF studio and FLASH STUDIO, how ever, every new version disappoints me as you guys dont seem to fix the animation quality/speed lost in your projectors.. What Im trying to say is, I am incharge of the animation and FX for the company, and using your products causes my animations to be slower than the projector published by Flash itself.. Someone explained to me (I think NorthCode) that, this was because you guys use the OCX-whatever of flash that is relatively slower than the exe... instead of displaying at 36 FPS, the animation seems to be at around 18 FPS..

I've been waiting for IMPROVEMENT on the animation quality/speed of projectors published from your fine products.. I hope your latest release is better now dude. Thanks...

More power to both of you.

Tea

Hi!

About the OCX, would either SWF Studio or Flash Studio use the latest build of the Flash OCX (6.0.50)? If not, how do we ensure that we compile with the latest build?

Thanks.

Originally posted by superb0x
    Hi!

About the OCX, would either SWF Studio or Flash Studio use the latest build of the Flash OCX (6.0.50)? If not, how do we ensure that we compile with the latest build?

Thanks.

umm.. Actually, I noticed a big difference in the 6++ versions of OCX... on the previous versions (batch of Flash 5)if you play an SWF, like just doubleclick on an swf, you could notice that the animation quality is decreesed (slower)... funny thing is, the NEW VERSIONS actually play SWFs like they're projectors.. really SMOOTH and Fast as it's supposed to be.. but, i tried the latest version of these two fine softwares (FLASH STUDIO just a few minutes ago), THEY STILL SLOWED MY ANIMATION DOWN...