A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] +++ Flash Studio PRO released! Sockets, Database, HTML and MORE! +++

Hmmm...that is strange. If you're using IE then please try pressing CTRL and F5 together. The pages are definately up and we've deleted all of the old versions of our pages.

Sorry for the confusion, but just to reiterate, we do NOT limit how many projectors you can make and distribute/sell.

Thanks.

Hey Gambini,
    Just downloaded your new pro version with the hopes of database connectivity. I got a GPF on a 95, 98 and NT machine. What are the system requirements for this to work?
    Also, the help on your webpage is a little lacking...when is that gonna be updated?

John

Hi John,

Sorry, I don't quite understand what GPF means? When you run the database example, you must click on the top button first (connect to Database) and then click on the second button (run Query). After that, you can run SQL statements, get record counts etc. Also, Database connectivity works on Windows 95b and up.

We are working on the Flash Studio support section at the same time as working on the Flash Studio update. There is also an fscommands reference included with the program and you can also email us on support@multidmedia.com and we'll provide a fast response.

Thanks for using Flash Studio, and if I've misunderstood your database problem, then please let meknow either on here on via email. Thanks again.

Sorry Gambini..."general protection fault" The exe I downloaded off your server wouldn't run on any of those machines. I was actually testing to see if they would run on a clean install of an OS without the ODBC dlls. Apparently is doesnt. I'll have more time to test it this weekend. This would be very kewl if it works reliably.

John

Hi John, some more info for you:

The database commands and connection will work fine with Win98 and up. For Win 95 and NT, in some cases when Microsoft Office is not installed, the Microsoft Data Access Components are required. If you'r working on either of these (as you mentioned in your earlier post) or if you just want to update your MDAC, then you can do so at http://microsoft.com/data/download.htm

We've tested the databse on a clean install of Windows 98, 2000, and XP and it worked fine. I hope this clears things up, and we're always working hard on Flash Studio to make the options and commands as flexible as possible.

Thanks again for using Flash Studio.

Hi, in that case, your compiled projector should check for the presence of the MDAC before executing any database related commands to prevent the error.

Like I mentioned before, error alerts are okay for debugging but not after the exe has been deployed on customers' pc.

Thanks.

P/S: your website still show 5000 copies...

Dare to Dream
    Hey Gambini, just wanted to say I think Flash Studio is great! I used the database connection and it worked fine on win95 and 98. Keep it up! btw, when do you expect to have the update released?

Superbox, the 5000 copies thing has been taken off the site, I think it's your browser that's playing up.

it will be VERY funny if it is just my browser. i have deleted cache. rebooted. and set "check for new versions of the page" to "every visit to the page".

do you even know which page i am talking about???

now that we are at it, i am really wondering why the 5000 copies got there in the first place. so, the original intention was to limit royalty free distribution to 5000 copies???

Dare to Dream
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by superb0x
    do you even know which page i am talking about???

Well, I assume you mean the Flash Studio pages, of which there is no reference of limited distribution. Might I suggest actually RIHT clicking on the particular page and pressing Refresh.

now that we are at it, i am really wondering why the 5000 copies got there in the first place. so, the original intention was to limit royalty free distribution to 5000 copies???
    So what if that was the original intention? It's not any more. I work for a media company and simple upload mistakes occur all the time, it's just the nature of the business. From what I can see, the mistake was spotted, corrected and Gambini has even clarified this twice.

Hi,

ddream, thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you're finding Flash Studio useful. To answer your question, the PRO update should be available this Monday, we're working hard towards that release date.

superb0x, just to explain, when we first released Flash Studio a few months back, our intention was to charge based upon distribution. However, we decided against that, and simply charge a one off fee for to register for commercial use, the same as swf studio and flash'n'pack. Also, our personal version is COMPLETELY free. Keep and and use it for as long as you want!

We do not limit distribution in any way. It's 100% royalty free.

wrong, mr smart fellow,

i am talking about the flash studio pro page. might i suggest that you point your mouse at the right spot, LFT click, open your eyes and note the differences?

on flash studio page, it is stated that distribution is royalty free, on the pro page, it says up to 5000 copies.

Dare to Dream
    Originally posted by superb0x
    might i suggest that you point your mouse at the right spot, LFT click, open your eyes and note the differences?
    I suggest you do exactly the same. It does not say limited to 5000 copies and gambini has even repeated it umpteen times. No need for the sarcasm either, your browser/pc or whatever seems to have a problem with caching.