A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 48 Hour Game Programming Contest

bugger, i got stuff do do on the weekend an i'm not gonna make it! damn! damn! damn! damn! damn! damn! damn! damn!damn! it is this weekend isn't it?

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    a couple of people said they couldnt do it this weekend... would it be better to delay it one week?

yeah, I think so.
    Next weekend would actually be better for me as well.

Could everyone that thinks they will participate if the contest is held next weekend please reply to this post so we can decide wether or not to delay it.

-matt

Maybe I'll participate too if it's held next week. But I don't think I'll be able to spend more than 1 or 2 hours on it. But maybe that's enough for me

Olorin

I'm only expecting to spend a couple of hours on it myself.

-matt

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    Yeah I cant do it this weekend either. Next sounds good

I can't next weekend.
    :-(

Sure next weekend is fine harder, but fine.

I would rather do it this week because my brothers and sisters are out of state and i can use the computer, but i could get a little time next week i think.

I have things going on this weekend that will make it extremely difficult for me to organize and participate. And since some of the most active participants in this thread can't make it this weekend, I think that I am going to postpone it until next week.

If it goes well then maybe we'll pick a new theme and do it again in a few weeks time to give anyone that cannot participate next weekend a chance to play

Anyone that does have time this weekend, I suggest you take the intiative and make a game anyway. Have some fun, sharpen your flash skills.

-matt

next weeks better. and it would be an idea to get the voting thing done so people can vote a while before the contest starts.

I think I'm going to hold off the voting until next wednesday or so. I'd like like to keep it as close to the contest as possible, just a few days before. That'll help to make sure the theme remains secret until the contest begins.
    Also, the only protection on the voting script I made is ip address checking. So someone with dialup probably can vote every time they reconnect. I'm going on faith that no one would be pathetic enough to throw a vote for a contest with no prize, but I'd still feel better if we didn't leave it open for a whole week. I think 2 or 3 days before the contest should be ample time for everyone to get a vote in and still keep it semi-closed.

I hope everyone can hang in there for one more week. I know this thing is taking a while to get together, but i still think it is going to be awesome. Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell your grandmother.. i want as many people as possible involved

-matt

What if my Grandmother is my enemy, and she likes to skateboard and run over alien fish in a sideview RPG?

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Next weekend is fine, but make it definite. There's never going to be a perfect weekend, so take a date and stick to it, otherwise we'll look like a bunch of foolish amateurs.

...And we all know that's not the case

lol agreed, i say deferntely alien fish attack skateboarders in a city with old grandads as tramps

yeah, I'm holding firm on next weekend.
    This weekend kind of fell apart for me, I have a ton of work to do putting in overtime trying to get a project out the door on time.

Next weekend I'll be in the clear though, so we'll be duking it out

-matt

Sorry guys, but I'm not going to be able to organize this right now. I hope that someone else here can pick it up and see it through, a lot of people seemed interested and I'd really love to see it happen.

My job is coming to a close.. I'm almost done a project and when it's done so am I, so I'll be spending the weekend getting my portfolio together and searching for a new job.
    If anyone here knows of a company in the philadelphia area that needs a flash or CF guy, let me know

-matt

Boohoo! Oh well, didn't have time anyways... turning my garden from a pile of sand into a pile of grass... hopefully
    Hope you find a new job soon matt!

Olorin

hey matt... u've said this b4 but... could u give me the link to register again?

well, I'm not going to be able to put it on right now.. maybe in a few weeks after I've gotten things settled around here I'll be able to give it another go.
    If you'd like me to notify you by email if I do then you can go to http://contest.mattguest.com and register there. Everyone that has registered will recieve an email from me when I try this again.

-matt