A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lipsynching dynamically ...

Hi,

I am working on a project with a number of characters who need to be lipsynched with MP3 sound files read in dynamically - I used to use Microsoft Agent in AuthorWare to do the same thing.

So far the options I have found all require someone to manually build the animation, even if something like ToonBoom will make the process quicker.

Does anyone know of a way to synch an MC with sound dynamically? Even very basic synch where the size of the mouth is related to the intensity of sound output [like a graphic equalizer] would do for the moment.

Gaius

I once saw an application that would take an mp3, parse through it, and create a frame by frame output of amplitude (loudness) that you could then import into flash and use to create equalizer effects and cool stuff like that. But I don't remember what it's called or where I saw it, or even if it would be useful to you. heh sorry!

I'm sure you could find it by searching google.

-Dan

link 4 ya

Hey Dan, Check out this link for Magpiepro, for creating lipsyncs.
    http://www.thirdwishsoftware.com/magpiepro.html

Hope this helps
    Cylon...

Thanks for that, the stream of data idea sounds most useful, although it looks like I may need another plug-in to work with that ... in which case MS Agent may be easiest in any case as I can still use text to speech for debug.

Gaius

Senile member! :)
    I think the app TomServo24 is thinking about is swift-mp3. that can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.swift-tools.com/

It parses any mp3 file to an .swf file and also inserts data data of the "amplitude" of the sound... Mainly intended for production of players with true eq-bars... But I think that you can create a lipsync from the data too... Best of all is that it can be installed on a server and used as a cgi-bin to translate mp3:s at "loadtime". and of course: it's free.

/Mirandir