A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP!! How can i make a long movie w/videos play better???

Could someone please check this thread???? i REALLY need HELP!!!

Hey i`ve asked this before but didnt get any answer, im really desperate i`ve tried everything i know.
    Ok here`s the story: I did a long movie -a company presentation- and it has a lot of pictures all the time sometimes even 4 at the same time and moving (faking video) this is at all time and it lasts about 1.30 mn.
    It HAS to run fullscreen, and also has some videos in the end but it`s not that much of videos, i practically eliminated all the alpha effects from it because that made it really slow, however it runs ok in a PIII but in a pII it slows a lot and even stops at some points, i`ve allreadyt tried doing a preload, running it low quality, taking out all the alpha effects, takint out all the texts effects, loading the music in a different level, i dont know what else to do. .
    Is there something that im missing???
    PLEASE HELP!!! i really need to make it run ok by tomorrow.
    Thanks.

I guess I'm a little late, but you could try a few things. Fist, if this is going on a CD-ROM, or other non-internet media, you could make a quicktime movie out of it and it should run fine on most systems. Also, if you instantiate each movieclip and graphic by putting EVERYTHING in the first frame (offstage), then the movie will be substantially less choppy.

-Dan