A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Could someone please check this thread???? i REALLY need HELP!!!

Could someone please check this thread???? i REALLY need HELP!!!
    Hey i`ve asked this before but didnt get any answer, im really desperate i`ve tried everything i know.
    Ok here`s the story: I did a long movie -a company presentation- and it has a lot of pictures all the time sometimes even 4 at the same time and moving (faking video) this is at all time and it lasts about 1.30 mn.
    It HAS to run fullscreen, and also has some videos in the end but it`s not that much of videos, i practically eliminated all the alpha effects from it because that made it really slow, however it runs ok in a PIII but in a pII it slows a lot and even stops at some points, i`ve allreadyt tried doing a preload, running it low quality, taking out all the alpha effects, takint out all the texts effects, loading the music in a different level, i dont know what else to do. .
    Is there something that im missing???
    PLEASE HELP!!! i really need to make it run ok by tomorrow.
    Thanks.

have you tried making the pics lower quality?

go to library and right click on an image, go to properties. and then adjust the quality of the pic as low as it can go without lookin to crappy. then make sure and set the quality to the same when you are exporting

Yeah, i tried that and when i open propertys of a simbol (a pic) it doesnt shows me anything to change the quality, however when i export it i use a 50% quality on jpg images, all the images im using are jpg`s, would you reccomend another format?? and what else can i try???

In order to change the jpg settings in the library, you need to uncheck the "use imported .jpg data" box. Then you can change the percentage, veiwing the changes in the upper left as you make them.

But I suspect the real problem is the PII system you are trying to run on. It's likely an issue of the PII not having enough memory on it's sound or video card to handle all this action. I've run into the same issue, there's not much you can do when it's a hardware issue.

5G