A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PS TENNIS: Flashkit vs Were-Here

_
    we should start up a chat room on aim or icq

my aim: mikecoutermarsh1
    my icq: 167223021

Thumbs up

Okay all you FK soldiers! Get ready to be ripped apart, chomped, chewed, gargled, swashed, spit and rinsed!

My name's MOROSA and I come from the dark_side.
    Once upon a time my loyalty belonged to FK.
    However, the tides have changed and the lightSide has betrayed my soul and left it out to rot in the hot, sweltering heat of a bright summers day in the southern most point of fairvilla_Nebulla, a distant orbit 59.2 clicks southeast of here, once home. Alone, cold, and torn, a strange face stumbled across my path, this is what it said:

"Arkastina! Krankheit kurden te unki soko."

With no other options and no place to turn, I decided to take the advice of the strange face and followed with new hopes. Some seventy3hundredSixty2 nights, 300+ posts, and two promotions later, I've willingly elected WH as my battle grounds. Now my time has arrived. I strike with vengance and furry upon thee! For the lightSide needs to gather for rest and strong prayer, as your future holds a dark, miserable, yet painless death among your peers. Thus, you'll need your strongest, as only the strongest will survive and the weak, well the weak will be detassled and gutted for hanging atop the flag pole, bare, cold, and lifeless for all to ponder and throw stones upon. We'll show no remorse. As you've been warned.

You have been warned.

Now pack your gear.
    Strap your chin guards tight and cup in upright position.
    For when the siren sounds, you will know it's began.
    When this time comes, do not cry.
    Do not hide.
    Do not fear.
    For your death will be painless and when you reopen your eyes you will know it's been handed to you on a monochromatic platter, better known as the BATTLEDOME @ WH.

Go now. As the time is near.

Again, do not fear. For WERE-HERE to pick you up and recruit the true soldiers who fall with pride.

good bye friends.
    good luck to all.

morosa_representZ_WH

thread+located:

http://www.were-here.com/forums/show...0&pagenumber=1

*cough*freak!*cough*

bring it on!

is that the speach every challanger recieves?

Señor member
    Originally posted by Hippyscum
    is that the speach every challanger recieves?

wait until you see the volley commentary!

haaaahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

_
    **cough** corny **cough**

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...08#post1942408

are big and jamie on the flashkit team? they have been pretty chanlenging in our current battle

they would help us out

I think everthing is set up we just need to decide on a captain to go over there and decide on rules.

They have been touting some interesting ideas, like having the size set at 800x400, I like this, it's different dimensions than these things are normally done in

Oh captain my captain, where the hell are you?

FK needs them, nice suggestion, Mike.

_
    i think we should challenge them to a flash interface contest, then we would own them!

if you guys want me to be, i guess i can be captain, though any suggestions for rules are more than welcome.. i think i have a WH account but i cant remember the password or what email it goes to

order can change if needed .. i think we should probably start with someone good, and end w/ someone good, so at least they can say "they started strong and did well in the end" or something. i dont consider myself all that good w/ photoshop but i guess im decent, i'll stay in the middle..

anyway, can someone who knows rugbystud go and ask him if he could do a volley? i honestly dont know most of the people on the team and their skill levels, but i've seen rugby's work and he does good stuff, maybe i'll email him later.

here is the team list, it is for the most part based on who said they'd play first

1. aversion
    2. alty29
    3. mikecoutermarsh
    4. Genesis F5
    5. Ian424
    6. Hippyscum
    7. nightwish
    8. serpent star
    9. big_k
    10. Black_phoenix

if you think there needs to be any big order changes or whatever, contact me by AIM (Ian0424) or MSN (Ian_424@hotmail.com) or email (ian@openedsource.net)

over at wh they are talking about having 2 threads going, one here just for pics and commentary, and one over there for images and whatever people wanna say.

Originally posted by big_k
    over at wh they are talking about having 2 threads going, one here just for pics and commentary, and one over there for images and whatever people wanna say.
    having 2 threads would help things stay orderly : 1 for the rules, and team orders, and the images, and 1 for anything else, commentary, trash talk, etc.

i also think we should find out some way of voting w/out being biased, have it on a 3rd party forum, and have some people who arent from wh or fk specifically vote, that would be more objective, but then again it would be hard to set up.

if you need any more people, just tell me, i can substitute someone if they need to drop.

Originally posted by Ian424
    if you guys want me to be, i guess i can be captain, though any suggestions for rules are more than welcome.. i think i have a WH account but i cant remember the password or what email it goes to

here is the team list, it is for the most part based on who said they'd play first

1. aversion
    2. alty29
    3. mikecoutermarsh
    4. Genesis F5
    5. Ian424
    6. Hippyscum
    7. nightwish
    8. serpent star
    9. big_k
    10. Black_phoenix

if you think there needs to be any big order changes or whatever, contact me by AIM (Ian0424) or MSN (Ian_424@hotmail.com) or email (ian@openedsource.net)
    Hello captain!

I'm not sure I can go first, I'm going to be busy until next wednesday, so if we start before then we had better reorder. Otherwise I'm fine with it.

As for rules, a size of 700x400 seems to be the consensus over there and I think that's cool. I have offered to host the images on my server, I might have time to knock up some simple php so the captains can post new images up there, we'll see how this weekend goes

24 hour turnaround seems to be essential for these things, they start to fall apart of people can't respond fast enough (this happened in the last one I think). So you need to keep track of who's turn it is next and hassle them

ok, how about you switch places w/ Black_phoenix, then?

and would all people on the team or who might be on the team post some sort of contact info, (msn, aim, or email would be most convenient) so i can bug them when their turn is coming up. i've got school pretty soon so it wont be easy for me to contact people early, it all depends on how fast wh responds etc.. if its an hour or 2 over the limit i dont think anyone would have a big problem, but much more than that and someone might complain.

anyway, 700x400 seems like a decent size, 24 hours is a good return time, this match should be interesting.

aim:jealousarms
    email:defgetupkid@hotmail.com

_
    email: mike@impactdezign.com
    msn: mike@impactdezign.com
    aim: mikecoutermarsh1
    forum: http://www.impactdezign.com/forum

hmm that should be enough, let me know if you need my home addresse and phone number, cough lol!

msn: private_milesthat'ssilly@hotmail.com

take out the that's silly part

I don't mind going last, you should make contact with the WH captain, I think we're pretty much agreed on rules and team right? Maybe it's time to get going, it's a long weekend in america so maybe tuesday would be a good kick off?

ICQ - 16923263
    AOL - night2wish4 or nightwish24 (both of them work)
    Messenger - bernardoribeiro@hotmail.com

We should have a list of alt players, just in case, I read that killarby wants in... Send me a message if you want my spot, Im good at Photoshop but I accept Im not a heavyweight like some of you here, even tough I promise I'll do my best and maybe evenmore he he