A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend some DVDs??

mullet king
    I think I have a lot of buying to do!!

I like the sound of Lord of the Rings, Fight Club and I also want Oceans Eleven when it comes out....why is that not out yet?

Thanks All!!!

Gray

Final Fantasy: the spirits within

it has all the cg characters dancing to michael jackson

Mirimax just released brand new Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown collecters edition DVDs.

http://www.video.go.com/pulpfiction...brown/main.html

I've seen them both and they are really good, with lots of extra features, behind the scenes etc..

Oh, don't buy any warner brothers DVD's with the cheap cases, they suck.. and special eddition is all that special

Originally posted by mx_kid
    I think I have a lot of buying to do!!

I like the sound of Lord of the Rings, Fight Club and I also want Oceans Eleven when it comes out....why is that not out yet?

Thanks All!!!

Gray
    it is out, i have it, been out for a while

mullet king
    Where do you live Juxta? USA? Well I live in the UK and we only just got Clash of the Titans released here..

Canada... and i was born and rasied in england, you get everything way too late... you know if you found someone to export the dvd's to you, you could sell them at a killing.. i mean i got spiderman on dvd before it came out in theatres there...you telling me people wouldn't of bought the dvd off me if i could sell it there.

If you want go to http://www.hmv.com

if you can order the stuff from there you should, you would pay $20.00 canadian for the dvd and get it way early.

and aren't dvd's there like 20 quid? (equivelant to $45.00 canadian)

Shrek

The Matrix
    Lord Of The Rings
    We Were Soldiers
    Gladiator
    Black Hawk Down

mullet king
    Originally posted by juxtaman
    Canada... and i was born and rasied in england, you get everything way too late... you know if you found someone to export the dvd's to you, you could sell them at a killing.. i mean i got spiderman on dvd before it came out in theatres there...you telling me people wouldn't of bought the dvd off me if i could sell it there.

If you want go to http://www.hmv.com

if you can order the stuff from there you should, you would pay $20.00 canadian for the dvd and get it way early.

and aren't dvd's there like 20 quid? (equivelant to $45.00 canadian)
    Yeh they are around 20 notes! and its nearly £6 to get into the cinema! Stupid UK...

If you're thinking about getting LOTR you might want to hold off until november when the 4 disc special edition comes out. will have a half hour of footage that was cut from the film and two discs of bonus features.

If you like audio commentary Run Lola Run has a great one by the director and franka p, but its a bit short on other features.

a lot of people always recommend the canadian edition of gingersnaps.. i didn't find the spec features taht great but you might want to check it out.

acouple of quality films that you may have missed at the flicks but can get on dvd

dark city - kind of sci fi (listen to the voice over at the start or it gets complicated!!)

pi - darren aronofsky's first film (did requiem for a dream (class!)) its B&W and a bit weird but well worth watching

also don't think anyones mentioned LA confidential which is a magnificent film on a great dvd

oh - and the italian job has just been released (UK)

also should have thought of nightmare before christmas.. has some nice deleteed scenes and includes the tim b shorts vincent and frankenweenie (although you can get these on the spec edition vhs i think as well)

uhh what about sand lot and point break???? jeeze you guys need to get cultured

FK Board Loser
    I know these are redundant but here I go:

- Heat
    - Black Hawk Down (Love this movie)
    - Scarface
    - The godfather collection

I don't know, I don't have time to collect DVD's other then the above...

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    You guys have forgotten the shows available on DVD - I like the U2 show and the latest Chillis DVD. Both very good.

A good movie for the ladies is Chocolate - classy, and a pretty good story.

And about Disney - is Fantasia available on DVD yet? That'd be good in hi def graphics.