A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microsoft security flaw #2,903,532,127

this is getting annoying.

I mean... Microsoft takes the whole month of February out to "fix" the security holes, and stuff like this keeps popping up.

Microsoft Corp. said on Thursday that a security flaw in all versions of its flagship Windows operating system software released since Windows 98 ( news - web sites) could allow attackers to delete digital certificates. The world's top software maker said that an infiltrator could use an e-mail or a Web site to gain entry into a system and delete the pieces of data that are used to encrypt other data, such as e-mail messages. Microsoft labeled the security flaw as "critical" and said a patch was available on its technical Web site ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet). Microsoft said that its Internet Explorer software could be configured to defend against an attack.
    Unsecure. Unsafe. And above all... unfixed

Linux, MacOS X... here I come.

oh, and I'm a MCSE. go figure...

Windows should be classified as a security hole, then we don't need these messages all the time (which we will continue to see)
    Go Linux!

Originally posted by nucleuz
    Go Linux!
    I second the motion. Now all Linux needs is games, WineX is good but doesn't work with all games.

Originally posted by gerbick
    The world's top software maker said
    Microsoft? The worlds TOP software maker? Largest maybe, but top? No way!

"oh, and I'm an MCSE. go figure..."

linux is the future.....

i am on linux nerd aka Justin

You people better not start calling me by my first name. I hate it. You start, you die.

Originally posted by NerdInside
    You people better not start calling me by my first name. I hate it. You start, you die.
    Ahh Justin... so you were the one that was porking that britney bird...

Originally posted by Markp.com
    according to what grammar rule? not before consonants.

nerdles == justin? funny stuffs.

but the way you pronounce "M" makes an "an" correct, i think.. unless your a "mm-k-see"

Ahh Justin... so you were the one that was porking that britney bird...
    I don't know what you are talking about.

nerdles == justin? funny stuffs.
    If Justin is funny, I really shouldn't say my last name. This is why I am changing my name legally to 01001010011101010111001101110100011010010110111000 1000000100001000101110

Originally posted by Ian424
    but the way you pronounce "M" makes an "an" correct, i think.. unless your a "mm-k-see"
    I'll ask my gf when she wakes up, she does English at Durham Uni... so she knows her stuff

I think its AN though

originally from an e-mail from microsoft.com

Microsoft is integrating Microsoft Windows® XP Professional and Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers exams into the MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 certification. Individuals should continue to pursue training and certification in Windows 2000, as skills acquired for Windows 2000 will be highly relevant to and provide a critical foundation for Windows XP Professional and .NET Enterprise Servers.

The following Core Exams will be required to further your MCSE certification to that of a MCDBA...
    If Microsoft says it, it must be right

this is getting annoying.

I mean... Microsoft takes the whole month of February out to "fix" the security holes, and stuff like this keeps popping up.

Microsoft Corp. said on Thursday that a security flaw in all versions of its flagship Windows operating system software released since Windows 98 ( news - web sites) could allow attackers to delete digital certificates. The world's top software maker said that an infiltrator could use an e-mail or a Web site to gain entry into a system and delete the pieces of data that are used to encrypt other data, such as e-mail messages. Microsoft labeled the security flaw as "critical" and said a patch was available on its technical Web site ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet). Microsoft said that its Internet Explorer software could be configured to defend against an attack.
    Unsecure. Unsafe. And above all... unfixed

Linux, MacOS X... here I come.

oh, and I'm a MCSE. go figure...

Yeah...they do seem to have a lot of troubles don't they? Fortunately most of these security flaws are found by security analysts...and not hackers.

Also, most of these don't/wouldn't effect home users...corporations are the ones who have to be weary..especially those using w2k server.

I personally have never been attacked by anyone..outside of viruses..and there have been very few of those.

I guess if you are going to dodgy sites you might catch a hackers attention, but it seems to me that these are mostly dangers to corporations who need security..and whose computer hackers would want access to.

Nerdles, when linux become 150 times easier to use (like windows), and has all of the software I want/need...I'll switch..same with Macintosh...give me some software.

Microsoft user and worshipper,
    Clif

originally from an e-mail from microsoft.com

Microsoft is integrating Microsoft Windows® XP Professional and Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers exams into the MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 certification. Individuals should continue to pursue training and certification in Windows 2000, as skills acquired for Windows 2000 will be highly relevant to and provide a critical foundation for Windows XP Professional and .NET Enterprise Servers.

The following Core Exams will be required to further your MCSE certification to that of a MCDBA...
    If Microsoft says it, it must be right
    its a security hole in their spell checker.

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Nerdles, when linux become 150 times easier to use (like windows), and has all of the software I want/need...I'll switch..same with Macintosh...give me some software.
    I agree. Linux isn't the easy OS to use, but you didn't learn Windows over night. And yes, Linux doesn't have all the software Windows has but that is changing slowly.

Originally posted by Ian424
    its a security hole in their spell checker.
    PUWHAHAHAHAH! funniest thing I've seen all day... HAHAHAHA!

maybe so, Ian... maybe so.

Originally posted by NerdInside
    Originally posted by clifgriffin

I agree. Linux isn't the easy OS to use, but you didn't learn Windows over night. And yes, Linux doesn't have all the software Windows has but that is changing slowly.
    griffhiggins... are you telling that you think that a mac is harder to use than a PC!? kid, get real.... it's simpler, and has software.

Linux... if you use your brain, it's an easy to use OS as well. You just have to do the same thing you did with DOS, Win3.1, WinNT, Win2k, and WinXP... get used to it and it's commands/workflow.

Want hard? jump into a non-GUI enabled FreeBSD or AIX box...

Ctrl+Alt+F2 in Linux brings you to a nice text mode that is great to work in. Remember, the keyboard is user friendly.

its AN, not A.

MCSE is pronounced "Em-see-es-Ee"
    It is actually a vowel beginning the word.

bah.

I say tomato, you say crack addict.

it's all good.