A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pokemon type game

http://afroflash.tripod.com/Afrotech.swf

space to read or talk and enter to close windows
    drag and drop if you didnt know

This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.

the link works great, just copy and paste

Kbomber, it reminds me someone developping a pokemon gameboy version. it disappeared now, unfortunately... (maybe if you look in this forums)

mmmh. where's the link with pokemon? the character maybe? (note, i never played a pokemon game)

re: I've never played Pokemon.

I don't think Kbomber has either...

Let me explain, in Pokemon (Red & Blue) you play a character called Ash, short for Ashley I presume, though you can use your own name.
    You are given a Pokemon by Proffeser Oak, the leading expert in Pokemon science, either Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.
    You then go off to train this Pokemon and catch new ones with devices called Pokeballs. To train your Pokemon you must battle them and gain experience points. As they gain mor experience points they're level goes up, they learn new moves and eventually, will evolve.
    At the same time you must collect 8 gym badges by beating 8 different gym leaders in Pokebattles. Once you have got all these you take your team of Pokemon (max. of 6 while others you have caught are stored in computers) to fight the Elite Four.
    The Elite Four are Pokemon masters and very tough to beat. If you suceed you then go on to fight the Pokemon master, who just happens to be your rival Gary, though you can change his name too.
    His Pokemon are tough and yours are worn out from the last 4 battles with no trips to the Pokecentre* so it's quite a challenge.
    When you beat him you go down in Pokemon history as the Pokemon master.
    But it's not over yet, you still have to complete your Pokedex**, named Dexter, by catching at least 1 of each kind of Pokemon, including the 3 legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, and Mewtwo*** the most powerful Pokemon ever.
    Then one you have done that you have basically completed the game, though you can battle your friends and trade Pokemon with them.

*A place where you get your Pokemon healed of all battle wounds.
    **An electronic device that stores a record of all the Pokemon you have seen and captured.
    ***A man-made Pokemon. He was an attempt at creating a clone of the all powerful Mew*, but he went wrong. They tried to make him too powerful and suceeded and he went on a mission to kill all humans and Pokemon that are loyal to them (in first movie not in game).

*Mew is an rare and illusive, ancient Pokemon. She used to be the most powerful, untill Mewtwo was created.

That is Pokemon, the only reminiscence in your game in the 'layout'. But keep it up I'm sure it'll be like Pokemon soon

yeah i havent done much yet i just made it

And you can play pokemon on the gameboy right here: http://www.btinternet.com/~davidwinc...ameBoyEmu.html

Olorin

! very impressive!

if he only got 83% for that, i would love to see what the project for the higher score was!!!