A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controllable html pop ups?

Controllable pop up html windows?

Hi!

Here's the thing... I'm supposed to make a portfolio on CD with flash. At some point, I want to be able to launch a new window with some things in plain html. Ok, I found out how to do that using the 'get url' function and including the html file in the same directory as my projector file.

Now the question is: how do I control the appearance of the pop up window, like size, scrolling, etc? Is it possible to do that?

By the way, I'll probably be using Jugglor to take out the borders from my projector file. Just thought I'd say in case it might interfere somehow... but if I can do it without using Jugglor, I'd like to know, ok?

Thank you so much!

AnaDott.

* Edited to say: oops, sorry, forgot to say I'm using Flash 5!!
    [Edited by AnaDott on 09-03-2002 at 12:09 PM]

use this action on your button

on(release){
    geturl("javascript:window.open('myfile.html','winN ame','width=400 height=300 scrolling=1');void(0)");
    }

this will open a popup that is 400 pixels wide and 300 high with scrollbars.

Thanks, nepdude!!

But... it didn't work 100%! What it did was open a browser window, which then called a pop up, which also didn't display the html I called...

Couldn't Flash call the pop up by itself?
    Well, thanks anyway!

AnaDott.

Don't try it out from within Flash? Test it by opening the html file that flash generates, in your browser. then when you click on the button a pop up will appear.

Hmmm... the thing is, I'm using a projector file, it's supposed to be a portfolio on CD. So there's really no html for it...

There's gotta be some way to do that, I just haven't found one yet, hehe! But thanks for the help!

AnaDott.