A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: suggestions-problems for KoolKit

Problems? Suggestions for KoolKit? Post them here-
    Ideas, something you want, anything, post away

Brad

I think a big drive for content would be a good idea. I'd like to see more text effect tuts and/or downloads.

Will site be created totally in KM, or will you be using more HTML?

I am working on a tut now, Kool Kit should have it by the end of the week.

What I would suggest is a basic template for tuts and we need more submissions.

Those tutorials are time consuming to make. The B&W to color Face one- (the poorest quality tut I've done) took at least 2.5 hours to make. The text effects on took about 5 hours to make-mostly becuase I didn't have the Import Bitmap Function Yet- I had to scale my shapes just so. And the HTML Exporting one took about 3 hours.

I don't even want to know how long Andrew C spent on his tuts-I'm sure it was a lot of time.

When you make those things you have to Take screen shots- crop them and then import all of it into Kool Moves then animate it.

I have stuff that could be put on the site. I think I wrote about 20 or so shape effects and text effects. The problem with my text effects though is that typically I use the word TEXT as my block an the effects tend to get cut if you use longer words unless you open the FUN file and change the size of the text block.

Lightbulb

Don't know if this helps, but when I created my first text "effect" I used, ABCD, then saved and used the just saved text effect inside the same text effect until I had the whole alphabet. Then on the last frame I selected each shape with all frames option and centered/spaced everything right. Make sense?

Yeah,

It appears that Bob used the same method.

Brad,

You need to include the bitmaps in the zip for your flare effect.

Gotcha Johnie, I will get that tonight, I thought I should have zipped the bitmaps too, yeah to help easy the making of tutorials by all, we could have downloadable bitmaps of screen shots of parts of the program, and a template, as for the text effects and tutorials, as Johnie says he has some, just will take some time to get them up. Johnie if you can design a template or use one of your tutorials and delete the sound and all the images other then the buttons, maybe that would be a good template, what you think?

Brad

Will site be created totally in KM, or will you be using more HTML?

A combination, I want to show that KoolMoves can make a great website by itself, but also that it can be intergrated with html.

Brad

If anyone has any questions, or wants help, a tutorial on something, please post, Johnie, Bob, myself, and eceryone would be happy to help. And there is no stupid question

Brad

I was thinking that I could do that with the text FX tut.

Bob has some nice Images under the interface section of the Kool Moves website.

Yeah thats the one i thought would work well to.

Brad