A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Going Back to a frame using a button

Ok guy's no i'm not a newbie, i'm just stommped i have a whole site on flash, the main sequence loads up and i have a nav menu to go to diffrent scene's (pages) now when i load the gallery i can go foward to other pics but when i try to go back the movie starts over, for some reason, it works great when i test the scene, but when i test or publish the movie it dosent work...

The gallery is set up to just be a movie that would fade in (not out) the pictures one by one but, each have an action script stopping it right after the tween finishes, my foward button simply moves to the next frame where i have a play action wich plays in the next picture, as for the back i have it set up so that it goes back to the frame where the previous tween starts, stopping again right after the picture fades in, i have gone about it many ways, i feel this is the best way to work it becuse i want the size of the pictures to be changeable... however, again i have problems with the buttons, please help ASAP Much thanks in advance
    Ray

Rusty Flasher
    What is the ActionScript code you're using and what is happening. Does it stop?

Originally posted by j_sarge36
    What is the ActionScript code you're using and what is happening. Does it stop?
    ok don't laugh i know, i like to keep my codes simple,

stop();

Thatone oviously stops, but what it stops, is the picture fading in from 0% alpha to 100% alpha,

that scene where it stops at has two buttons and the picture, one button (foward) moves to the next frame where another action script tells the movie to continue playing,

the back button has a goto and play script wich goes to the beggining of the previous tween, thats where my problem lies,

theoretically it should work, in fact when i test the SCENE it works fine, however when i test or publish the movie, all that button does is start the movie over,

each picture has a diffrent set of buttons, where if i have picture 1, the back button does nothing, picture 2, back button starts at the frame where the first picture fades in,

kinda confusion but hope you understand

Banned
    Try labeling each tween's beginning frame with an unique label such as pict1 and use that target in your back button script:

on(press){
    _root.gotoAndPlay("pict1");
    }

BTW, on your foward button, you can simply put:

on(press){
    _root.play();
    }

...No need to move it to a next frame where you have a play(); action, which you can now remove.

Rusty Flasher
    Hmmm, that's a tough one. Honestly I haven't dealt that much with scenes. The only thing that I can think of is that possibly your movie is thinking that you are telling the main movie timeline to gotoAndPlay(1), whereas you need to specify that it is the scene that needs to gotoAndPlay(1). That would explain why the individual SCENE would work, because gotoAndPlay(1) would send it to the first frame of the scene, however in the movie it sends you to the begining of the movie over again. That's all that I could think that it would be. Let me know how that works out.

GOD I LOVE YOU

GOD I LOVE YOU

Thanks man, you have no idea how much that has been nagging me.... thank you sooo much.... (by the way no i'm not gay, but we can still be friends) you have no idea how much you have helpped, thank you.... Ray

p.s to the guy before me again, uh thanks, but i had thought of that, labelling the frames hellped, though your suggestion is probabbly what the labels prevent...

Banned
    If it's me you're talking about... Should I post my address, so that you can send me your check!

BTW, I'm not gay either!

Originally posted by oldnewbie
    If it's me you're talking about... Should I post my address, so that you can send me your check!

BTW, I'm not gay either!
    yeah i'm talking to you oldnewbie lol as for yer check, uh maybe if you tell me in advanced i have to pay ya, besides i dought ur bank account has your name as Oldnewbie