A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stolen Movies

Can somebody tell me how it is possible to copy a movie
    because I allready found two sites who copied my halloween
    movie from the gallery. One site also copied the movie "moving illusions" of Jason Weiesnbach (http://www.gisi1982.de.vu/)

Thanks

Originally posted by Jacquest
    movie from the gallery. One site also copied the movie "moving illusions" of Jason Weiesnbach (http://www.gisi1982.de.vu/)

Thanks

went to that site and didn't see it anywhere but basically if someone wants to lift your swf or graphic from a website there is basically nothing you can do to prevent it. You might consider putting a little (C) notice in the movies you make so that even if it's used at least you'd get some sort of credit.

The only thing you can do is Sue or threaten to sue for copyright infringment, but even that you would need to show that it was clear that it is copywrited material.

My personal feelings are that it's bound to be a crappy site that steals artwork and probably not visted much, and you could also just thing in terms of it being a compliment that they liked your work

Thanks

Thanks for the advice (The copied movies are under their button "new" in their menu)
    Do they copy by using the source code of the webpage? In that case it's to prevent by putting a little javascript in the html that disables the right click in the sections outside the movie? Or do they use software to copy?

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the advice (The copied movies are under their button "new" in their menu)
    Do they copy by using the source code of the webpage? In that case it's to prevent by putting a little javascript in the html that disables the right click in the sections outside the movie? Or do they use software to copy? [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL found it! Funny they did exactly that on THAT PAGE!! funny eh.. The no right click thing only works for the casual thief. It's VERY easy to get the javascript from a page, or any imbedding media like JPGs or SWF just cut and paste, heck it's even in your temporary folder on your HD when you vist the page.

Well I'm not sure they've done anything too terrible here though It looks like maybe they are just showing off your work not taking any credit for it. It still clicks through to your site

Originally posted by blanius
    Do they copy by using the source code of the webpage? In that case it's to prevent by putting a little javascript in the html that disables the right click in the sections outside the movie? Or do they use software to copy? [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL found it! Funny they did exactly that on THAT PAGE!! funny eh.. The no right click thing only works for the casual thief. It's VERY easy to get the javascript from a page, or any imbedding media like JPGs or SWF just cut and paste, heck it's even in your temporary folder on your HD when you vist the page.

Well I'm not sure they've done anything too terrible here though It looks like maybe they are just showing off your work not taking any credit for it. It still clicks through to your site [/B][/QUOTE]

Indeed LOL! You are right, in this case they are yust promoting my website

Smile : )

Anyone speak German well enough to translate what it says? I'm a little curious...........

-Jason

Re: : )

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Anyone speak German well enough to translate what it says? I'm a little curious...........

-Jason
    I tried with babel fish but didn't have much luck.

http://babel.altavista.com/

Re: : )

Originally posted by zoranvedek

-Jason
    What exactly did you want translated?

german speaking people

well, i'm a german speaking people. but id will be hard to translate all the english stuff into german ;-)

Re: german speaking people

Originally posted by chriegszocker
    well, i'm a german speaking people. but id will be hard to translate all the english stuff into german ;-)
    I suppose Jason means translating German into English.

Re: Re: german speaking people

I think Jason means translating English into German?

Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

I figure Jason a an English speaking person who doesn't need translating to German.
    The site you are referring to is in German...so.
    I might be wrong, but let Jason decide.

Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Originally posted by henkvg
    I figure Jason a an English speaking person who doesn't need translating to German.
    The site you are referring to is in German...so.
    I might be wrong, but let Jason decide.
    Unforunately I'm a mono-lingual American, straight english here. I too tried the babelfish route but got no where, it simply spit out exactly what I fed in, German right back to German.

I'm really not too upset abgout the guy using my movie, but I would definetely prefer a simple..... "Hey guy mind if I use this?". That's just the way that I am. However the fact thats he has a little snippet of javascript wandering around in there, that prevents me from stealing back my own movie file, is a little unnerving.

I sent him an email a couple of days ago, asking about it, but no reply. So if any of you German folk know what this guy has written there, a basic translation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Well Jason, you mean that you will have a basic translation
    of the page where your movie is posted on the site of gisi?
    If so I can help you because as a Dutchman I speak German.
    Let me know and I will reply tomorrow (it's sleeptime here)

By the way, your lastname is Weiesnbach, a typical German name! So you are to be expected to speak German!

Jacq. Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Well Jason, you mean that you will have a basic translation
    of the page where your movie is posted on the site of gisi?
    If so I can help you because as a Dutchman I speak German.
    Let me know and I will reply tomorrow (it's sleeptime here)

By the way, your lastname is Weiesnbach, a typical German name! So you are to be expected to speak German!

Jacq. Christiaan
    That would be great.........
    it's all Greek to me.

BTW you bring up an interesting point, most ppl I know, have very little knowledge of their culture before their forefathers came here. I like beer though if that counts for anything .

-Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Of course liking (and drinking) beer counts for anything!

About the sigi-site:

it's a personal site of a guy named Gregor, telling about him personal, stuff like he likes to have fun,
    he smokes and he likes beer a lot but is not in to drugs etc. His pets are rats both black.
    Also some things about his family, jokes about men and women, music etc.

The text above your movie says: You can click on this and hear the music.

The text in green has nothing to do with your movie, it says: If you can't sleep, please click on this link
    and look if you can make it with this.

Above my movie the text in blue: Have no fear, trust yourself.

This is basicly what it's all about, nothing special, yust a neat site of a guy who likes beer.

But I agree with you Jason, he could have asked us.

Hope you know enough?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Hey guys,
    I just had time to check this site out. It seems it is a kid's homepage. He/she integrates everything found on the web it seems. It appeares they don't mean harm just to enhance the site for personal reasons. I filled out the contact form and asked them in german to reply to the forum -- let's see wheather they have enough guts, could be interesting.

At least we got another fan of he art demonstrated here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

Originally posted by andykolb
    Hey guys,
    I just had time to check this site out. It seems it is a kid's homepage. He/she integrates everything found on the web it seems. It appeares they don't mean harm just to enhance the site for personal reasons. I filled out the contact form and asked them in german to reply to the forum -- let's see wheather they have enough guts, could be interesting.

At least we got another fan of he art demonstrated here.
    The "kid" is 20years old!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: german speaking people

At least we got another fan of he art demonstrated here. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes and I'm glad he choose the best art out of the gallery!
    LOL