A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    so you started a new thread?
    How is your download page??

ciao
    RookY

...relaunch

...photoGallery = imageWeaver...!

checklist
    -getUrl feature added
    -auto image load feature added

for more info check out

http://www.buggedcom.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

the preview is also back up and running

http://photogallery.buggedcom.co.uk

unfourtuntately the download isn't available yet as I have got one or two more features/adjustments to make before i release imageWeaver v_1.0.

I've just had ADSL installed so as I'm more or less at my computer all day you can get in contact with me with AIM, so if anyone needs any help with anything my AIM user name is also buggedcom.

Sadly there is still now download page.

~buggedcom
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery
    microsite direct download

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    hi buggedcom

just a thought:
    if you click on a thumbnail to view it, it will load.
    if you then select another and after that reselect the first pic, it will start loading again.

isn't there a way to load it from the memory first? (like with a normal browser)

but: I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO image weaver
    thnx man

greetz
    RookY

PS: now the thumbnails are BELOW the main image. Isn't there a way to get the thumbnails on the left/right side? now the height>width, but I would like the width>height, because it fits better in a browser window.
    •°o.O(_.·`¯ ReSPeCT¯`·._)O.o°•

isn't there a way to load it from the memory first? (like with a normal browser)
    I'm not sure, but I know that is caching is not disabled depending on the browser cache setting an image that has been cached should load almost instantly, but if it hasn't finished loading i don't think it will have been cached so it will have to start again but i'll look into it all the same.

PS: now the thumbnails are BELOW the main image. Isn't there a way to get the thumbnails on the left/right side? now the height>width, but I would like the width>height, because it fits better in a browser window.
    You should be able to change the placement of everything even in the pre imageWeaver versions. All you have to do is change the placement settings of the scrollbar, and any other stuff that you want to move. You can also change the arrow placement automatically by changing it to left or right, you can also place them yourself.

If that's not what you mean then let me know. imageWeaver roughly 2 weeks and counting
    Last edited by buggedcom; 11-12-2002 at 01:55 PM.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Talking about the image caching, I think you have done something weird, as usually flash files are cached as any other remote file.

Maybe you have set the image requesting so it always asks for a new file (one way to do so is like this: getURL("image_" + Numba + ".jpg?new=" + random(9999)).

In some cases this is a good choise (like with my interface, that is based on a static text file for image indexing...naturally each time a user accesses the site I want it to recieve an updated index...).
    If this is not the case, then I don't know why it happens...
    As you can see on my interface, if you request an image that is already cached, the preloader doesn't even appear..

I really don't know what the cause could be...
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

caching

Code:
    		if (this.stopCache == true) {
    			this.thumbs.createEmptyMovieClip("thumb"+this.seed, thumbLevel).loadMovie(this.thumbToLoad+"?=noCache"+getTime());
    		} else if (this.stopCache == false) {
    			this.thumbs.createEmptyMovieClip("thumb"+this.seed, thumbLevel).loadMovie(this.thumbToLoad);
    		}
    This is what enables caching or non-caching of the thumnbs, it is pretty much the same for the others load stuff. Basically as you see depending on what you set it eaither caches it or doesn't by adding the time to the end of the file. I know the time isn't 100% proof but i will ad getDate aswell.

the example of the gallery at

does cache the files. The image files are fairly large. The images are around 300K and the thumbs are around 20K, they are large because i couldn't be arsed to re-edit 50 images and thumbs. I pressume this effects the reloading from the cache, but i can't be sure. When I tested the example caching did took placeand was considerably faster than loading from scratch. If you check the example and tell me if it still happens then let me know and I'll look into it
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

randomphoto gallery...can't get it to work

Can anyone help me? The photos are not loading for some reason. I have the photogallery v11i working fine.

I'm using the .txt file.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Are you using the same images?
    Are you sure that the images are not progressive as they will not load?
    how are your images numbered? they should be like this..... image_1, image_2, image_3 not image_01, image_02, image_03. only put use image_01 if you are using the php option.
    How are you previewing the swf, within the player or html? If it's the player then you need to set stop caching to false.
    What data do you have in your txt file? It should be something like this...

trgt=images_directory/image_name_&format=jpg&maxSeed=22&

make sure the data directory info is correct or else flash won't be able to reach the txt file.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Thanks...it was the caching.

Since I have you, with your photogallery.fla component is there a way to layout the thumbnails in 2 columns by 10 rows? I took them out of the scrollbox, but I can't seem to figure how to adjust your code in the thumbnail area to configure it this way.

...always learning something new.

thanks again.
    Andrea
    Last edited by fitchic77; 11-13-2002 at 01:56 PM.

when you say adjust the code you don't mean editing the components code do you? You can set the component parameters to do both of those things. If you have edited the code start a fresh and just change the following coponent parameters.

scroll box
    set boxed scroll bar to false

this sets the box to _visible=false

The thumbnails only go to two colums by ten rows if you are using vertical scrolling, it does not work if you want them to scroll horizontally. This is something that will be updated though for the launch of imageWeaver

thumbnails
    set scroll type to vert
    set scroll bar length to 2* whatever your thumb width is plus the thumbnail seperation value
    set scroll number of levels (vert only) to 10
    set thumbnail seperation to what ever distance you want the thumbs sperated by
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

ok. I'm working on that. I really would like it out of the scroll box all together. Seems that when I choose false the visible box goes away, but still exists.

Also, I also noticed with all 24 of my photos, the last two do the following. (the x's represent the photo layout). I can't figure out where to fix this. It basically puts a hard return on the 2nd to the last photo.

xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    xx
    x
    x

thanks again.
    Andrea

Seems that when I choose false the visible box goes away, but still exists.
    ...... huh? Ok what do you mean the visible box goes away but hte box still exists. Do you mean the image box? If so just go down to the colour settings at the bottom of the parameters and change the alpha levels of the image box line and the image box fill to 0 as there is no provision to '_visible=false' it, I will add that to the list of things to do.
    If you mean the scoller is still masked but you want to unmask it just go to the scrollMask function and get rid of it. run a search for this.scrollMask(); and delete any instances of it.

Is one of them what you mean?

Ok the image return thing on the last image of the scroller i fear is a bug. I will look into it. It's actually only the last image that starts a fresh scroll level not the both, but it is a bug none the less. Thanks for pointing it out. It will be fixed in the release of imageweaver.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

scroll mask...that was the answer

Thanks. Taking out scroll mask was what I was looking for thanks.

Thanks for all your hard work and for also looking into the buggy thing.

Cheers,
    Andrea

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._

easy thumbnails

hey buggedcom

I got a program: Easy Thumbnails
    it allows you to edit ALL pictures in a folder.
    so you don't have to edit the pics 50 times

you want it?
    let me know

RookY

hey that sounds good . Is it mac compatible though?
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    well.. that I REALLY don't know
    you have to find out for yourself

*edit*
    after some searching:

Windows 9x, 2000, NT4, Me, XP operating system
    16 MB of RAM (32 MB for NT); 32 MB recommended
    Approximately 1.4 MB of free disk space
    Intel® 486 or better processor

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.html
    for direct download:
    ftp://ftp.privatei.com/pub2/drff/EzThmb_Setup.exe

sorry mate... windows!!!

RookY

I've uploaded the beta version of the component as it's probably gonna be a while b4 the final version is released.

http://downloads.buggedcom.co.uk/imageweaver.zip

I'm not sure if it's 100% reliable though but it does solve those pesky library problems. And gives you an idea of the new functions. See the readme inside the zip.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    thnx man..

am gonna take a look at it

Just thought I'd let you know that I've nearly finished the gallery switcher. I think there are one or two bugs to sort out though so I would be grateful if anybody could test it. Thanks

~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

heh

I haven't tried it... but I took a look at your code. Right then i saw an error....Stop using GLOBAL VARIABLES !!!! BAD BAD BAD
    footer removed, please make sure your footer fits the guidelines here