A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: does my site look like 2advanced

Hey guys,
    someone recently told me that my site looked a lot like 2advanced. While I liked that site, I by no means meant to copy it. I wanted to get a second opinion from you guys. Please let me know. Your feedback as always is much appreciated.
    http://www.stillloading.com

1. why does that mouse have such a strange plug on it?

2. It does NOT look like 2A, but does have the same futuristic style, as most pages these days...

3. I like the rollover effect on the images

4. not a lot of innovative stuff

5. low on info

6. high on sleekness

Hey thanks for the comments,
    I just put the plug there to throw in a twist since most mice dont have plugs. No particular reason. Any ideas on how I could be more innovative. I would agree with you in that its a little bland on the interactivity. I just wanted to make a site that was part HTML so that the updates would be significantly easy. Thanks again

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by vation
    Hey guys,
    someone recently told me that my site looked a lot like 2advanced. While I liked that site, I by no means meant to copy it. I wanted to get a second opinion from you guys. Please let me know. Your feedback as always is much appreciated.

Very nice site. Thank you for showing. This is not a 2A ripoff by no means... Some aspects of this site are better than 2A :-).

I'd avoid putting the main stuff of the site in a pop-up window. The music sounds rather unclear for me...

Some minor FRAGMENTS of your site DO have some 2A look. I would slightly change that fragments in order to avoid remarks of the above mentioned type.

Vahagn

resolved your site

Hey,
    I like your site. I like the mouse trailer and the concept graphically. The graphics on your image section are nice as well. Some more interactivity would be cool though. The music sounds fine for me by the way...

Well, i must say, well made. Fonts are similar to 2A. Concept, ideas too but for some reason look different from them. Looks better infact !

Good work. Keep it up...

hey nice work man! keep up what you are doing will be better then 2a.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their incredibly kind and generous comments. It's has proven invaluable to me.

How did you make your intro so similar to 2a. did he send you the source code. Im not saying this as a bad thing. Just asking
    Nice site though

Cool site. You might want to make the opening image clearer.

Originally posted by vation
    Hey guys,
    like witt said, theres futuristic elements which most sites use nowadays, as started by 2A?

your site doesnt ring any bells in my head for 2A, like nizamm / mikaelian said, "Fonts are similar to 2A. Concept, ideas too but for some reason look different from them. Looks better infact !" , "This is not a 2A ripoff by no means... Some aspects of this site are better than 2A "

i agree, parts of your site is better than 2A. I wouldnt be suprised if theres elements here you will proberly find on 2A's new site when it comes in the future or been inspired by your site, other sites, thats how every designer gets his/her ideas isn't it? by looking around at other sites for inspiration.

Anyway, i really like your site man, very cool and i think very original ideas coming through, ive added it to my favs list.

Great job, "what you are doing will be better than 2A" - Couldnt agree more with you Sunnyat!

to answer your question? no it doesn't. relax, its all good

nicely done stevie, short simple and accurate

I would like to point out a problem with your statment of "Requires Flash MX"

Flash MX is the program, Flash 6 is the player - Macromedia may not make a new player of Flash for the next version of Flash.

Alos, if some people called it Flash 6 and other Flash MX - people are going to get confused, so Macromedia say you should say Flash 6.

For more information, and to have a proper Flash 6 button on your site, see the Macromedia.com page:
    http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia...guide/buttons/

TE