A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "The Matrix" and "Grey"

Everybody said that "Atlantis" from Disney was taken from the famous Jap Anime "Nadia"... what about Matrix?
    long time ago I read a manga comic called "Grey". It has some similarities with Matrix...

What do u think?

Originally posted by EYE-YAD
    Everybody said that "Atlantis" from Disney was taken from the famous Jap Anime "Nadia"... what about Matrix?
    long time ago I read a manga comic called "Grey". It has some similarities with Matrix...

What do u think?
    Well, the Matrix has similarities with just about every cyberpunk novel written (Neuromancer most prominant), so I don't think it was a direct ripoff so much as possibly inspired by.

Lion king wasn't also 'inspired' by some old anime?

FK's Official A&A Addict
    wasn't the matrix a movie based on the comic the matrix? (or some other comic with the matrix as main part??)

Originally posted by argonauta
    Lion king wasn't also 'inspired' by some old anime?
    thought it was from hamlet, by shakespeare? (not 100% sure though, as my shakespearean knowledge is limited)

Atlantis was made from an anime done by Gainax [Evangelion, Furi Kuri, Wings of Honnemeise, His and Her Circumstances etcc.] The anime was 26 or so episodes called Nadia. The characters are nearly identical but obviously both of them...are base on the Jules Verne book 20,000 leagues under the Sea<--I have never read it.

Lion King was from an Anime called, Kimba the White Lion. And that's all there is to say about that.

Matrix was written by the Wachowski brothers who also wrote Assasins [Antonio Banderas and Sly] and the poorly recieved Bound <--I didn't watch it either but I know alot of guys who did. They really liked anime and wanted to do something like a live action one. They made it up...obviously borrowing some inspiration from other anime. Some new friends that i have made have worked on the last two Revolutions and Reloaded. They said that all they talked about on set was Ghost in The Shell and Akira. So...these aren't the worlds greatest anime buffs but...they were quoted on the press for Blood the Last Vampire..they said it was really great. I guess that means that they're somewhat up to date with American released stuff but it also seems to mean they're easily amused<--I didn't like Blood but that's just me.

and this is just my7 cents..I could be wrong.
    d7reply

East Tamaki
    LOL if im not mistaken i think the Wachowski brothers said that they borrowed ideas from Anime series and movies.

Also to bring up something totally off topic. hehehe Have you noticed in some movies. They reuse Backdrops of CGI scens from other movies? hehe That movie called Battle feild earth had this one scen where a "Man beast" was learning how to fly a space ship, adn the simulation was all done in CGI. BUT THEN!!! then next day. i saw another movie, which im not to sure what it was called. Had this game that these two kids were playing and it had the same CGI scene and camera movement as tha Space Ship Simulator CGI scene in Battle feild earth!

gah!!! I wish i could explain it better. But it just seemed stupid to me how ppl cant be more original.Or the fact that ppl let them get a away with it! hehehe OR MAYBE!!! i watch to much tv hehehe XD