A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new site - check please

Hybrid View

hi, i made this site a while back - just want to see whether i should keep with the design before starting this young entrepeneur thingy.

what do you think?

btw, the quotes form doesn't work - yet. it did do but i'll fix it when i get chance.

colin

did you 4get to post your URL?

hmmm, where did it go

here it is....lol

http://www.spirawebdesign.com

The site (what I saw of it) looked good.

One suggestion for you: In my opinion, you are making a big mistake with your preloader text.

By saying "up to 2 minutes on 56k" you are telling many of your potential customers "Time to go!".
    Most people simply will not wait that long, unless they already have a reson to visit your site. The average surfer will see that and just keep on surfing.

I would change it to "123kb loading.." or something along those lines...or use a percentage loaderbar.
    It might still take 2 minutes to load, but most people won't sit there to do the calculations for: file size divided by load speed = lenghth of wait.

Tell them how big the file is...They will either just sit there or they won't.

Just my .02 worth.

robert

just a point

most of the stuff in the site is all one swf file, i'll separate it into bits so that i can have a separate loader for each. then the actual fist loading bit doesn't take so long.
    what do you think of the design?

Overall I like the look of the site. However, getting back from your 'pricing' menu was not apparent. I would just go through your site and make sure that the navigation is apparent.

Just my $ .02

Speed the movie up to corrispond with the high action music...takes way too long.

I love the smoothness of it. The boxes flow and the text effects look very professional and not overdone. Keep it up it looks great.

L8ER

I like it . . . BUT

I personaly don't think the music goes with the feel of the site. It made me feel like my CD-Rom kicked on and I needed to turn it off. Try a more relaxing ambient sound. If it were a DJ site it would be ok but it's light blue and floaty, its designer looking grapghics plee for soft tones.

But I just do this for a living so I wouldnt know winkwink

ONESHOT out >