A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Someone reply?? Trying to cut an mp3

I have an mp3 in the background of a movie. When the animation stops and loops back round the mp3 keeps on playing through its track. Is there any way i can cut my mp3 to fit the movie because i can fade out at the snippet thus co -ordinating the mp3 and movie. Basically i want to cut mp3s in places to suit what ever movie i do. Swish doesnt seem to do it, i may be wrong....but any help is invaluable here, please someones got to know something, or maybe your only using midi files. Let me know ,
    Gibbo.

Why 2 posts, you just pushed someone else of the bottom of the board.......well done!

Swish won't help here

You cannot splice any mp3 in any program. What you need to do is download a program such as COOL EDIT PRO and a program that will convert mp3's to WAV files. Then import that wave file into COOL EDIT PRO and voila. You can stretch, cut, paste, oversample, mix, fade in, fade out... do anything you want to any WAV file. After you have finished just save the file as a WAV file and import back into swish... by the way swish will recompress the WAV file back into mp3 format for you.

L8ER

Ps. it's good to be back.

um your wrong buddy!

I have a program that can cut mp3s even fade it out or fade it in then save it. It also can convert them to wavs if you wanted. If you have AIM/MSN/ICQ tell your #/name and I will contact you. I prefer aim because thats what im on more(AOL instant Messenger). My screen name is ECFIronMan

Re: um your wrong buddy!

the program you use automatically converts the mp3 to WAV on import... there for you are not able to edit an mp3 directly... upon saving your new edited file your program then converts it back to an mp3 format, thus proving the fact that you can not edit an mp3 in any program...do your reasearch..."Buddy"

L8ER

Originally posted by IronMan2003
    I have a program that can cut mp3s even fade it out or fade it in then save it. It also can convert them to wavs if you wanted. If you have AIM/MSN/ICQ tell your #/name and I will contact you. I prefer aim because thats what im on more(AOL instant Messenger). My screen name is ECFIronMan

Too many smart comments here for me. Of course you can edit an MP3, even Flash has (limited) capabilities in this respect. I'll see you guys later. There are many ways including converting to Wav first. Best way is not to steal it in the first place, then you have the source file & dont get saddos snipping at you. It's probably best left to all you 'buddys' to work it out for yourselves. Over & out.
    [Edited by Lambretta on 09-18-2002 at 06:47 PM]

Gee no such thing as a day off.

Okay
    You can't edit an mp3 in swish internally.
    Some editing can be done with flash5

There are several programs where by you can cut tracks and paste them in as new ones.

A free editor of this capability is audacity.
    I'm not a big fan of free sound editors as they are usually of low quatlity and/or won't work with many soundcards.

I'm not a big fan of audacity however it will perform that function. (I prefer the expensive stuff)

http://download.com.com/3000-2170-10...ml?tag=lst-0-3

thank you frets..i downloaded it

Thankyou for your help frets, i downloaded it and am having fun and success now. Thank you for your time and input.
    Regards,
    Gibbo.