A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What now??

Hi,

I am interested in becoming a webdesigner but i'm still young so i can still learn much. I can work with flash but i don't know what do learn next. 3D MAX, SWIFT 3D, SHOCKWAVE DIRECTOR(i don't know what it is ),.......
    Can anyone help me?

Thnx

Well, do you know alot about Windows. Maybe learn about movies, or audio editing.

mullet king
    You should learn to design

Señor member
    rather than learning a stock of programs (since you're young, I'm guessing 3DSMax is going to be a real budget killer) perhaps look around, see if you can actually find work and what sorts of job have the common requirements - eg, HTML, Flash, CSS, XML et al and then learn from that.

Originally posted by jamble7000
    rather than learning a stock of programs (since you're young, I'm guessing 3DSMax is going to be a real budget killer) perhaps look around, see if you can actually find work and what sorts of job have the common requirements - eg, HTML, Flash, CSS, XML et al and then learn from that.
    That is what I did, hence my username. I learned html, css, javascript, asp, then php, in that order. Flash also fell in there somewhere, along with graphics.

mullet king
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by younghistorians

That is what I did, hence my username. I learned html, css, javascript, asp, then php, in that order. Flash also fell in there somewhere, along with graphics.
    What does that gotta do with your username? If you used the first letters and your username was HCJAP then Id be ok with that...

Señor member
    Originally posted by younghistorians
    Kudos. Maybe work on sales or marketing yourself and learn how to serve clients as this side of the business is just as important.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by mx_kid
    You should learn to design
    Too right -

LATO, you can learn all the apps/languages you like, but if you can't draw a decent picture, make a layout, understand single point perspective (whatever), find something else to do.

Originally posted by younghistorians
    Kudos. Maybe work on sales or marketing yourself and learn how to serve clients as this side of the business is just as important.
    Well, Im doing some meduim web design to friends/family/small businesses.