A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Version 3 timing out (acting like a Beta)

This started being discussed about half way thourhg this thread - http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...0&pagenumber=1 - but I thought it would be useful to others to start a new one on the topic. Several people have reported getting an error message

when opening version 3 today. Installing the newest build, following removal of the previous, has no effect. I have contacted erain and I suspect others have also, but just to let people know that if they see this they are not alone.

Setting the system clock back a week does work, but it drove many of my colleagues nuts and they began flooding our conferencing system with messages saying "the system must be broken as they just got email from Flick (me) that was sent a week ago".

Cheers, and hopes for a quick resolution,

Flick

onClipEvent (enterFrame)
    Originally posted by wcoleman

Setting the system clock back a week does work, but it drove many of my colleagues nuts and they began flooding our conferencing system with messages saying "the system must be broken as they just got email from Flick (me) that was sent a week ago".
    After having started Swift 3D with the systemclock trick, you can set the clock to the correct time again while Swift is running... Thus not getting the backdated mail problem

It seems that the check is done only at startup...

Regards

onClipEvent (enterFrame)

New build available (V3)

This is an unofficial announcement! If uncertain, wait for Erain to release an official one!
    Build 172 is now available on the "Customer only" page!

If you can't start Swift due to the beta-message; set your the system clock on your computer to a date before sept 30 2002, Start Swift, Goto menu "Help", Select "Swift 3D Customer only site" and download... (And don't forget to set your system clock back )

I had to uninstall Swift 3D and then reinstall it, after that it works... Just chosing the "Repair" option during install didn't work for me... Remeber that you'll need your "Product serial number" to reinstall!

Regards
    Last edited by mastermute; 09-30-2002 at 05:42 PM.

You are correct. We have located a problem with the version of Swift 3D recently distributed. The bug involves an error message which notifies the user that their beta copy has expired and will prevent the user from using the program.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Although we're upset that we overlooked this timer setting and have distributed a program not up to Electric Rain's quality standards, the problem has been addressed and a new build of the program is available for you immediately on our customer only site. If you have any questions please contact our support (support@erain.com) or sales (sales@erain.com). We will do our best to ensure the transition to the new product build is quick and easy.

-CubedFlash

Team Erain

does this also apply to the boxed version?
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Only 60 boxed versions sent contained this bug. You will be notified by email if your box is one of the 60. All other boxes contain the latest build that does not have this bug.

-CubedFlash

Team Erain

"We will ship a replacement CD to you as soon as these new CDs arrive"

i obviously have gottin one of the bugged versions, err..now what does this statement actually mean, does it mean they will send me a cd of the better version, or will they send me the whole thing (box and manual included)?
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

It means that if you received one of the bugged CDs, then they will ship you a replacement...CD. And from reading cubedflash's post, erain already knows who got what. And the CD is the only thing that doesn't work, right? I doubt that either your box or manual contain any bugs.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Vatcher,

Rush is correct. Every person who recieved the bugged CD will get another CD (No box or manual) sent to them. These CD's are in FedEx's hands now.

-CubedFlash

TeamErain

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    It means that if you received one of the bugged CDs, then they will ship you a replacement...CD. And from reading cubedflash's post, erain already knows who got what. And the CD is the only thing that doesn't work, right? I doubt that either your box or manual contain any bugs.
    Oh yeah? Well my manual has a bug on page 25..er..wait, that's a real bug!

Just kidding, my Swift3D manual is in FINE SHAPE! Again, kudos to erain for such a nicely done manual and for handling the beta bug snafu thing so well. I got an email yesterday telling me my new CD is on its way already. And, they had already sent me an email before I received my package telling me how to get the latest build. This is Customer Service at its best!

Appreciate the feedback...we tried hard to make sure the transition to the new build is quick and easy. We didn't want to let our loyal customers down.

-CubedFlash