A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HUGE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!! I NEED IT FAST!!

o man i need this movie by tommarow and it wont let me publish it as a .swf or anything! its a 207 mb .fla and every time i try publishing it... i get virtual memory problems! I need this movie to play for tommarow! right now all i have is the .fla and i cant publish it as a .swf!!! HELP FAST!

try by increasing the virtual memory.
    Control Panel > System > Performance > Virtual Memory

reset the virtual memory afterward coz there may be problems

i already tried that... i set it to the max (4095)..... im stuck!!! PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by MjKid7
    o man i need this movie by tommarow and it wont let me publish it as a .swf or anything! its a 207 mb .fla and every time i try publishing it... i get virtual memory problems! I need this movie to play for tommarow! right now all i have is the .fla and i cant publish it as a .swf!!! HELP FAST!
    =================
    207 mbs. not good forget about ....
    ===================

Sufferin Sasquatch ! 207 megs of what !?!?!?!? What do ppl even try makin outa .fla's ? Online broadcast ? Man, I would prefer to leave it in .ppt if an .fla could come up that big !
    Forget about publishing dude, i am even suprised you can actually open up the .fla of that size !! Try reducing as much as you can else there's no way out..

P.S. What exactly are you trying ? Making an .swf version of a vcd ?

resolved

open your .fla file and goto library (ctrl+L) goto to the right corner of library to the drop down menu ,go to select un used items and delete them and save your .fla file with different name.
    That's over

You could try....

Originally posted by MjKid7
    The only thing I can think to do is try splitting it in to scenes. Even if it isn't in scenes now, copy and paste into another scene and then deleted everything else(doing a save as first of course) Control>Test scene should generate a smaller swf.
    I presume it's a linear presentation or something for TV. If it is you could use Director to play through all the swfs in sequence.
    Hope that's helpful

open up your 200 odd meg FLA file (that is rather big!) and do a file save as, name it differently and I have found that this reduces the file size. Open you newly named FLA and try and create a SWF from that.

Other than that you could try and copy all your main timelines and create another FLA.

These two proces i find tend to clear out the junk from the FLA

Hope this helps