A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: resizing in the Transform window - pls help!!

I've got an object (a movieclip) that I'm scaling up and down on different keyframes, for a 'zoom in' effect.

I select the object in the first frame, and its size is 100%. Then in the second keyframe, I've got it set to 200%. So far so good - the scaling works fine. Thing is, I want it to change the scale from 200 to 300%. I enter '300' in the Transform box and hit enter. Instead of scaling the object to 300%, the thing resizes my object to 105.7% by 187.7%!!

Is this perhaps happening because there is a maximum % size one can resize an object to?

okay I know this should be really simple, but for some reason I can't get it to work...

any ideas? thanks!

saracita

I find this sometimes happens if the moviclip would become bigger than the viewable Flash workspace. Try calculating what the actual width and height you need is and enter these into the properties panel.

That might work...

good idea, you're right, it happens when the size of the object becomes larger than the stage area. I will try your suggestion. thanks!