A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!MX VIDEO DOESN'T WORK FROM CD!!!

so it will work from the hard drive but not from CD? is the link below a good possible work around? from what i understand is that this method will unzip files to a temp directory then run the projector off the hard disk, then delete the temp files when the projector is closed..

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...ight=projector

- eddie -

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Try the new Flash 6 beta and see if that solves the problem.
    See this thread:
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=384619
    Please post back about your results.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

I'm working with a few issues. I'd like to play a streaming media video (instead of embedding into flash) I am just starting to look for solutions so I havnt given up yet. Anyone have Ideas?

As far as previous comments:
    Flash:

I recently made a kiask presentation that loads and unloads (5) 2-minute MPG files (embeded in flash of course) I set each MPEG as a seperate swf file loaded into a movieclip (each movie clip sets and resets a _global variables that simply lets me know when the file is finished playing. They also have a load script that cycles the first couple frames till loaded- which as mentioned by someone else isnt longwhen played locally) When the _global variable = "done" within a movieclip the playhead jumps on the main timeline to a frame script that unloads the MC. if a menu option is selected before the end of the current MC is reached, the playhead jumps to a specific frame that unloads the current MC before loading the new swf. Everything is ver smooth on my end. It stuttered before I coordinated the Loading and unloading of the clips.

Director comments:
    Director is awesome at syncing video and text or other events. I do it all the time. I Produced a CD recently that loads graphic slides on cue and syncs subtitles (which for international use were made as graphics files as well) I use Directmedia on my PC aps and QT on the MAC. This insures that everything is selfcontained. With both methods I set up a simple script basically read- if the curent time of the video sprite is between ## milisecond and ### miliseconds then set the member of sprite (20) [for example] to member("newslide") [this is obviously not the proper sintax but the concept is clear.] [cool side effect of this style script is that there are no cuepoints set so there is no limit to the number of slides you use. Also, with cue points, if I advance my video slider the images will be off sync until the next cuepoint is passed- with this script the current time is constanly updated even in a paused mode with the video slider being dragged, the graphics change]

I agree that there needs to be some bridging of gaps from MM. They seem to leave us wanting for more, and more!