A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cartoon thingy?

I saw some people take photos and edit cars to look as if they were a cartoon inside a movie clip. I was just curious how to do this. I already made the black outlines on a new layer from the imported photo. But I need to know how to fill the space between the outlines. I tried creating another new layer and filling it in there. But I am confused. I cant get the car to allow a fill...nothing happens. Any help would be great. I am only into the 3rd week of Flash MX so I am new at this. Thanks,

Dan

Can you explain more about the black outlines? Did you layer over the import and use like the pencil or pen tool to outline it? If that's the case, just pick the color for the fill and use the paint bucket tool to fill inside the lines. If the lines are closed, you can use different colors in different enclosed lines. Even if they aren't closed. MX will fill if there are gaps. Pick that from the options under the color picker when the paintbucket is active.

I'm about a month ahead of you. You might want to get a couple of good books to help out. It really made the difference for me.