A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preload bar got crazy

Smile

hi friends,

I need your help with the following issue:

I created a movie using the actionscript code "Simple Percentage Bar Preloader" that can be found here at Flashkit. Everything works alright. But when I place a button with the code ATTACH MOVIECLIP to the main timeline the problem starts. That button makes a linked movieclip from the library be loaded into an empty movieclip on the main timeline. The button works fine but the preload bar gets buggy. In Test Movie mode the preload bar only appears when it's almost finishing and not from the beginning as it should be. The rest of the movie works perfectly. Only the preload bar has this weird problem.
    I even tried different preload bar codes and all of them end up with the same bug.
    By the way I'm using Flash MX.

I'd be glad if one of you could help me.

THANX

Banned
    Although most "good" preloaders will still work, they will not display properly, if you use components and/or linkage (as you're doing here) in your movie.
    One workaround (there are others! - but IMHO, this is the easiest), is to create a new preloader movie, to load your present movie (without it's own preloader) on another level or in a container clip.
    See this thread:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=375161

I will also bump it up on this front page for others to see.