A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d studio max to swift 3d?

3d studio max to swift 3d?

hi,

i tried to export 3d studio max files to swift 3dv2...i export it as .dxf files....

i had an animation goin on in 3d max....but however, the animations is lost when i import .dxf files to swift.....y is it like dat?

i tried to find tutorials on swift 3d for beginners...and how to import 3d files to it but seems dat i cldnt find one...if anyone of u out there has any links, pls tell me....

i dun quite understand how swift works....from wat i noe, it can export 3d files to .swf....which is wat i want...

so can anyone assist me in this??

thx...

sure, all you have to do is export .3ds files from max and you can then click the button that has a '3DS' on it in swift, which will allow you to open a new file from your .3ds file. best of luck.

thx!

gees........
    thx so much.....!

i nv notice dat 'new from 3ds' in the file menu....
    i always thought it had to be imported....

anyway.., got 2 more Qs...

cant we control the values of the tones?like how dark or light we want the shadows to be....like the one in illustrate...(a plugin for max)....it seems dat the dark area are too strong.....

and also...
    if swift cant import texture...say, i apply a chrome for a sphere in max and animate it....i dun get wat i want when i import it to swift...

coz the effect that i want is to put an animated chrome sphere (say for example) into my flash website....it shld be rendered as .swf rite? is there any other way i could do it?

got it?