A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Notice to all vendors

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Notice to all vendors

Self promotion will stop on your products alone. If you can not help with all the choices and or brands of projector tools, screensaver tools and the like, and can only point people to your products, your posts will be removed. This is the only fair and equitable method of controling what is presented in this forum. This is not your showroom floor. However if you feel you would like to advertise with FlashKit please contact the webmaster for assistance. This is a help forum not a sales floor. Thank you for your help with this matter. Regards, Bill
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Footer... We dont need no Stinking Footers!!!!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Mr. Flash n Pack,

The signature on your profile needs to be changed back to the five lines that were left by the admin. NO ADVERTISMENTS are allowed. You can have a link to your site but only a link. No Promotion of you product at all. Either remove it or be removed from the site. Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Bill

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Can people other than the vendor promote a single 3rd party utility in a post.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    If the question is in reference to a product the approriate answer can be givin. If they dont ask you dont point them to a product. NorthCode does it right. He lists all of the products and lets the individual make the choice.

This is not traders row, where people can fight to get customers. This is a help forum, where we answer questions people ask. IF there is consistant shoving people towards a product with out the question being asked what is out there, they will be banned from the site.

Your signature file should be to make people laugh, smile, inspire etc. Not push a product. You should be changing yours as well. I appriciate your loyalty to a particular product but we cant have this going on in here. I will clear the place of people until its fixed. Thanks for your help in this regard. Regards, Bill

However if you feel you would like to advertise with FlashKit please contact the webmaster for assistance

Take my word for it, that doesn't work. I emailed dave 3 weeks ago I got a response about a week later. Then I enquired about prices and never heard back.

And the other thing. how does this effect free products? I make a few things every now and then I release for free, both commercial and non commercial.
    lesley paone
    www.aritali.com

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Your more than welcome to share freeware (that is there is no intent ever to charge for the product) But still this should not be a thing where you spam the boards with your freeware. When appropriate share what you have and put a link to your apps in your signature. Word of mouth will get around. Trust me. Regards, Bill

Thank you Pope de Flash,
    I get more and more upset every time I ask a ? here in the standalone forum. most of what people ask about can be done in a projector but instead every one is directed to buy a 3rd party tool. What ever happend to helping each other out? I thought that was what flash kit was all about. I don't ever see this stuff go on in the other forums just here in standalone. Just my two cents worth.

Pope de Flash, on behalf of the vendors let me just say that whilst there have been a few debates and words of rivalry between the many products, I think we all have a deep respect of each other and, indeed, each others products.

Both Northcode and Flash'n'Pack (and indeed myself) have helped users on this forum without "pushing" to use a 3rd party app on many an occasion, with particular kudos going to Northcode. We're are all proud of our own creations, and have allowed our enthusiasm to get the better of us on a few occasions! I feel we all provide a genuine positive input and desire to help other FK members, with the exception of maybe Flash Jester who ONLY pushes his software (Sorry, not an attack, just a fact).

I just have one question for you. I have a major update to my software approaching which I was hoping to announce on this board. As always, this is a Free application for personal use and before I make a post, I just wanted to clarify if this is ok.

Thanks.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Most of you know me personaly, for those of you who are new or newer to the scene there is no problem talking about or having a thread when you have an update to the product, or a tid bit of news that is note worthy. But when I see signatures that are full on ads I have to take a stand. Its been a while since I spent any real time in here, I thought others were taking care of things, laying down the law haha.

I am all about free enterprise, I just dont want to see 15 posts by two guy tell one poor man that both their products are the best. They all have advantages and disadvantages. If you all send me a copy of the program I will do a short overview of the eachprogram and make it a sticky post so it will stay at the top. This way people will have a guide to what is in what, from an independent view point. I also plan on doing a full on review of all of them togehter side by side.

But if your giving away the program I dont have a problem with a post, just not 20 posts. OK? Thanks, Regards, Bill

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I never thought that I would say this but, I agree with Gambini. I have never seen a vendor push there product unless it is necessary to use a 3rd party tool to do something. The questions that people ask are becoming more complex daily and Flash doesn't yet have the features that developers need. There have been a few occasions where the product pushing has gotten out of hand but for the most part it is controlled.I think that you should allow vendors to make a thread announcing new versions and then bump it up everytime another build is created. This way there would only be one thread per product and it would get the word out about new releases.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Re: Notice to all vendors

Originally posted by Pope de Flash
    Mr. Flash n Pack,

The signature on your profile needs to be changed back to the five lines that were left by the admin. NO ADVERTISMENTS are allowed. You can have a link to your site but only a link. No Promotion of you product at all. Either remove it or be removed from the site. Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Bill
    Your Wish is My fscommand ...
    How does the New Footer look, sound like?
    Last edited by Flash 'N Pack; 10-02-2002 at 08:39 PM.
    Got Windowless Projector? Visit Flash 'N Pack at :
    www.flashnpack.com

Originally posted by Pope de Flash
    If you all send me a copy of the program I will do a short overview of the eachprogram and make it a sticky post so it will stay at the top. This way people will have a guide to what is in what, from an independent view point. I also plan on doing a full on review of all of them togehter side by side.
    I, for one, would welcome an objective side-by-side review of all the standalone products. I can even convince my company to buy more than one if they have significantly differing feature sets.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    I like that idea, I am going to make a Sticky thread for product annoucments. Only the vendors should post in the new thread that I will start. Please only post the news of what is going on with the product. No full on ads. Its just so people can find information faster.

I would even be willing to make a Faq thread for quick answers if you want one.

If the vendors could let me know if your up for the reviews let me know. I have Jester and SWF Studio already. Flash n Pack and Flash Studio I dont have. Let me know what you two would like to do. Regards, Bill

Hi, you can download a copy of Flash Studio PRO 1.5 from http://www.multidmedia.com and the sample files (and source code if you need it) is at http://www.multidmedia.com/fls/downloads

Thanks

Wow.. I never ever thought..

I'd see Pope return to moderating..

Or these forums get upgraded to Vb 2 now I'm amazed..

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Bill's back!

The Master was talking about adding a FAQ to the forum a while back but in vBulletin 1.1.3 it was impossible to make a sticky post and the powers that be didn't want put any effort into it (probably too busy trying to convert to vb2.x)

A sticky post FAQ would probably cut down on some of the traffic here. I willing to contribute whatever you need to help, including gathering up old posts for the FAQ, writing stuff and providing web space to host example files. I registered "theflashfaqs.com" with the intention of doing something like this anyway

>However if you feel you would like to advertise with FlashKit please contact the webmaster for assistance

Can you please advertising details to marketing@***********.com

THANK YOU and keep up the great work.

Oh yes Gambini,

>with the exception of maybe Flash Jester who ONLY pushes his software (Sorry, not an attack, just a fact).

Well, if you were to push our product(s) and others too before all this, then we wouldn't need to. (Sorry not an attack, but a fact)

Originally posted by *********** Support Team
    Well, if you were to push our product(s) and others too before all this, then we wouldn't need to.
    What the heck does that mean???

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Gambini,
    Please remove the advertisement from your footer. You can have the link but no features listed. This is a form of Adervtising. This has to be level ground for everyone. I created the anouc list so you could let people know whats going on with your products. Please use that as your source to connect with people. Regards, Bill